Chapter 24

"True love does not have to be right because even in this aspect of life, nothing is perfect."
- The Day You Said Goodbye (2020)

THE DAY YOU SAID GOODBYE
(ZACHARIUS' CHAPTER)

It has been weeks when we met. I know it was such an irony that I still want to see her even if I pushed her off. Being the heiress of that empire, I know she's having a tight schedule so even if I wosh to see her now, I know she can't make it.

Louis barged inside my office and the look on his face was unbelievable. He looks ragged and tired as hell. "She's here, bro."

"Who?" I asked as my brow raised.

"Miss Heiltonn.." he answered. For a moment, my heart skipped beating and I felt a bursting excitement inside my heart.

"She came here to see me?" I smiled. "I knew it."

"I wasn't talking about Annastasia, Zach. Miss Hailey Heiltonn is here and she's claiming to be your fiance!" he emphasized the name of who the hell is he referring to and I got goosebumps all over my body.

"Where is she?" I asked while my eyes were shut.

"She already went back to the empire because she is on a rush. You should talk to her, Zach."

"Prepare the yatch and tell my men to abduct Miss Heiltonn," I ordered before leaving the office. I didn't wait for his answer because I have to move fast.

My mom have mentioned about her last week and I expected her to be here in Paris for proper introduction. At first, I was surprised because who the hell would expect that I'll be marrying Annastasia's cousin, right?

Louis sent me a text message which states the place where the yatch was placed. I have called an organizer for this urgent matter. I have atleast 3 hours to prepare the yatch so i must move quick.

Miss Hailey Heiltonn is said to be kind and understanding so I guess she can understand why I can't marry her. Anyway, we haven't known each other so she might agree to my proposition. Our company needs her so I thought maybe we can just be business partners than lovers.

Time flies so fast and it's already evening. Louis told me that Miss Heiltonn is already in the yatch. I just went for a walk since my heart was racing due to nervousness and I couldn't bear the heaviness inside so I went out to breathe.

When I entered the yatch, a girl in proper dress is sitting on the chair. On a second thought, she wasn't really sitting because she might be sleeping. I walk to see her direction so I could wake her up but I was so damn surprised to see Annastasia.

"Fuck!"

I suddenly called Louis, asking him why Anna was here. He said I ordered bringing her here. I was a total misunderstanding. The person I want to bring here was Hailey so we could talk about my proposal but they abduct the wrong Miss Heiltonn.

I saw her move a bit so I walked to think of how should I explain this to her. She can't knew that Hailey and I are getting married. I don't want them to fight because of me because I know this will affect her really bad.

I heard some steps from my back. She's here, I could feel it. "Don't worry, I won't hurt you."

"Why did you bring me here?" she asked as I look around to see the view.

I sighed, suddenly turning to look at her. "Fulfilling a promise," I replied while my eyes automatically shred tears.

She move to embrace me and the anger I felt last time faded as my longing was satisfied, finally. It was tight and I could feel how much she missed me.