Day

The next morning, the two woke up with a smile gracing their face as a body accompanied them to blissful sleep. Even in dreams, they couldn't help but ask The God of Sleep himself to help connect their dreams; just so they can converse in a safer state.

Still, reality could be much better.

"Morning" Seokjin gave a warm smile at his sleepier counterpart. Still sleepy, he stretched in bed before giving a dopey smile with his dimples making a debut. "Even in the early morning you still look wonderful." His voice gruff from lack of use.

The sun had'nt rose to greet the sky when they awoke. They still had ample time to spend in eachother's embrace.

They spent a good half of it lazing around in bed, arms still wrapped around eachother with their smiles never leaving their faces.

The other half, small talks mixed with deep eunoia.

"It's weird don't you think?"

"What do you mean?"

"The irony of our situation joonie. "

"You mean the fact despite being polar opposites with a barrier between doesn't stop me from being away from you?"

"Exactly, but I'm a bit miffed"

"Why? Because of this?"

"N-No! I'm grateful, it's just... what higher power is stopping us?"

Seokjin let out a tired sigh. It really did boogle his mind. Namjoon went to caress his love's hair, his response simple yet cryptic "i'd take any chance to be with you. Just wait, after today you'll know."

Seokjin sat up, scrunching his face in confusion. He merely smiled in return, instead basking in The God of Peace and his beauty.

The moment was ephemeral but the memory ever lasting. The sun had rose just enough for it's rays to enter the room. The rays had made Seokjin more ethereal in Namjoon's eyes. The soft light gave his skin this sparkle that showcased it's color. Eyes, that showed a place similar to sand dunes in onyx. Hair resembling a bird's nest but beautiful nonetheless.

"You're older than me yet you forgot that custom." Namjoon chuckled as the confused expression never left Seokjin's face. "I still don't get what you're saying." His eyebrows furrow.

The God of war merely repeated a "you'll know after today." And smiled before reminding him "you might need to return back home. I'll meet you the moment the sun has slept."

Seokjin groaned, slotting himself in Namjoon's neck before saying "but home is with you."

Namjoon felt warmth spread through out his body. He couldn't agree more, but even as God's, life is cruel. With a soft voice he responded "I know, but I'd rather give a few hours of not seeing you than not seeing you at all." After a moment in denial, Jin ultimately gave a solemn nod.

As the sun rose higher, the two stood at the gate leading out, out of Namjoon's protection. Seokjin stepped out to the boundaries, but before he left completely, he turned back quickly pecked the Other's cheek before leaving an—

I love you.

I love you too.

But before Namjoon responded, Seokjin had already left the premises, too far to hear his voice.

Namjoon stayed grounded though. Breathing in and out of a small pace. Taking in the calming sounds of nature before allowing his feet to unconsciously take him anywhere but there, a coping mechanism.

Just a few more hours, let's pray your luck won't sabotage you Namjoon

And of course where would his feet take him but back to the place where he almost fell, The cliff. Still a bit on edge from the events yesterday he carefully sat down, checking if there's any rocks nearby.

The view was still breath-taking but not as breath-taking as Seokjin. The vibe he got was still melancholic but it was comforting. Knowing that in a few hours his fate may change and he and Jin as well as others might be chosen for this custom scares him. It came as a surprise, you fall asleep and stay in a coma-like state before waking up as a new born. He was excited to say the least but very well also anxious. He's afraid of te many possibilities running through his head.

If he was picked than he'd be happy. He'd be able to quench his thirst on knowing a human's life by living it himself, no matter what circumstance he might end up in. What scared him however is the possibility of being reborn without Seokjin. Even thinking about it repulses him. This is a once in a thousand year chance to be reborn without the responsibility of being a God sitting on your back! Living that life without the person you consider to be the reason for your life would resemble a punishment.

Though he's not sure whether he will retain his memories or he know that in whatever timeline he might end up in, he will always without fail fall in love with Seokjin over and over again, and he knows he will never get tired of it. He's not sure if he will live a happy human life without him.

As long as Jin is with him, it will be

He sighed, tired from the world he lives in where they wish to seperate both him and Jin apart. Though he's glad that he atleast met the man, he wished for something more. He breathed in as yhe hair blew at his skin, messing his hair And made the grass dance with in harmony.

I wonder how Jin is feeling?