Chapter 5

"Anti. Your eyes!" Chase yelled, attracting the attention of the other egos. Anti furrowed his eyebrows and immediately asked why he was shouting so much. "They're green! They're not black anymore... how weird."

Henrik approached the man, his mouth falling open slightly as he examined his eyes. "They look like a human's eyes."

The dream came flooding back to him, along with the memories of the victims circling him and waiting to attack. "I'm a human!" He screeched, looking down at his hands and waiting for them to glitch. They didn't.

Henrik laughed for a moment until he noticed how seriously happy Anti seemed. "You genuinely think you're a human?"

"I am. Seán came to talk to me in a dream and he promised to make everything better by making me human. I guess it worked! Do you have a mirror? I want to see my eyes!"

"Anti..?" Someone spoke up, cocking their head to the side as they looked at the person that used to be their boyfriend. "This isn't you. What has Seán done to you?"

"He made me happy, Dark."

-

Anti got discharged from the hospital not long after he became 'human'. He seemed so much happier which generally made all of the other egos happier too, despite the events leading to that moment. Even Chase smiled a lot and that guy had been through more than any man should.

It felt good to be back to his home. He found that his bed sheets were clean, as if waiting for his arrival. He fell back onto them, eyes gently closing as he appreciated the comfort. The hospital bed hadn't been the comfiest in the world. He laid there for a bit longer, looking around his room to see the entire thing was so dull. He stood up with every intention to make the room a bit more positive. He tore down the black band posters, scrunching them up and tossing them in the bin. He was surprised to see a light blue colour underneath all of the posters but found himself preferring it a lot more compared to the boring pictures of bands and other things.

"Hey, Anti... Do you maybe want to come and make a cake with- what have you done to your room?" Marvin's shock was apparent in him cutting himself off and just standing in the doorway with his mouth wide open.

"I just took down the posters, that's all." Anti smiled, proud.

"Are you sure about this? You loved your posters..."

"They just seemed too dull, you know? I'm a whole new person!"

"Yeah, you are..."

"What did you come to ask anyway?"

"I was just wondering if you wanted to help me, Chase and JJ make a cake."

"Sounds nice!"

-

Marvin used his magic to conjure up a mixing bowl, making JJ frown before pulling out the actual mixing bowl they kept in the cupboard. He pointed at it, placing his hands on his hips. "You know JJ doesn't trust your magic bowls. Who knows where they've been?!" Chase yelled at an unnecessarily loud volume.

"Fine then. We'll use the mortal bowl..." Marvin grumbled before discreetly forming a wooden spoon in his hand and placing it down on the table. No one noticed so JJ proceeded to grab it and use it to mix in the ingredients they had just spent a long time measuring out. He kept the stirring slow to ensure he mixed in all the flour and didn't accidentally get any on the side. "Take your time, James!"

That resulted in a long glare from the silent man and it made him go even slower. Marvin was getting impatient, tapping his foot up and down to make sure his impatience was known by the whole group.

"Will you quit that?!" Chase snapped, making Marvin snap back.

"If JJ wasn't taking so damn-"

"No need to argue." Anti said, placing a hand on both of the men's chests. He pushed them apart in case they were to lunge for each other. Both of them stared at him with shock-filled eyes.

"What?" They said in unison. It would have been comical to any bystander if they didn't know Anti was acting really weirdly.

"I said there's no need to argue. We can resolve this calmly. JJ, speed up a little and Marvin stop tapping your foot."

"Anti, are you feeling okay?" Chase asked, suddenly very concerned. The argument was long forgotten as he looked into Anti's eyes. He found himself missing the deep black, feeling like the emerald eyes didn't belong to his friend.

"Yep. Why wouldn't I be?"

"Because usually you'd be on the sidelines, eating popcorn and offering to give us knives so we could properly fight it out. You never resolve things with words."

"I'm a changed man remember?" Chase, Marvin and JJ exchanged anxious, unsettled glances. They missed their friend, as peculiar as that sounded.

-

"We need to talk, Anti." Dark mumbled, entering the man's room without being invited. Anti was sitting on the edge of his bed, reading a book. Just that let Dark know something was seriously wrong because Anti had never touched a book a day in his life.

"I'm listening." Anti smiled, tucking the bookmark into his book, closing it and then placing it on his bedside table. Dark followed each of his movement with his eyes.

"I don't know where the fuck my Anti has gone but-"

"Firstly, you do not own me and secondly, I'm the same dude. I just decided to become more positive."

"And become human. That isn't you. You like to kill. Don't you remember all those times where we'd go out together and see who can attack the most people? Those were the best." Dark smiled at the memory, wishing he could go back to those nights.

"That sounds like a sick game. Imagine how many families you wrecked. I'm trying to get better and be more positive so we don't hurt any more families."

"Anti," Dark's voice had gotten so much more threatening and it made Anti flinch. Dark grabbed him by the collar and pushed him into the wall rather harshly. "This. Is. Not. You. You must remember the feeling of blood on your hands. The rush and the adrenaline. You loved it and craved it. It made you feel alive and well... an urge to kill is in a demon's blood."

"I'm not a demon anymore, Dark."

"Yes, you are."

"No, I'm a human."

"I'm going to fucking kill Seán... That bastard took Anti away from me."

"Don't kill him. We can resolve this with-"

"Shut the fuck up!" Dark yelled, slamming his fist into the wall, right next to Anti's shoulder. Despite not being hit, he felt a sharp pain in his head. He screamed. It caught Dark off guard so he dropped his ex-boyfriend to the floor, watching him curl up into a ball and cover his ears with his hands. His screeches were so high pitched that even Dark was wincing and the other egos ran into the room.

"What's going on?" Marvin questioned, ready to use magic on any intruders.

"Nothing, I-"

"Did you hurt him, Dark?" A ball of light formed in the palm of Marvin's hand, making Dark cover his face with his hands in defence.

"No! He just started screaming!"

I want to rename this book "Anti: Become Human" hahahaha GET IT DETROIT: BECOME HUMAN?? Okay I'm in love with that game at the moment and I ordered it and it hasn't come in the post yet :( I want to play it so bad