Ladies Night

"There are days, I regret ever trying to find my inner peace. For what did it get me? But undeniable heartache and a soul forever seeking refuge in a world, that I cannot call my home. For whom am I? But the greatest secret never told... Until now..."

On the end of winter and the turning of spring, there was a light chill in the air. The place was a small town in the middle of nowhere, called Paytewyn (Pate-Win) that not many had heard of unless, lost, birth, or simply in passing to the much bigger cities.

It was so convenient and small that many would say, if you blinked your eyes in one flash, it was gone. Though small, it had its perfect advantages for the few that resided there. For one, there was never any drama and the crime rate was extremely low, if not nonexistent. With the exception of the occasional boisterous outsider. Or the town loon Mr. Nantucket. Nonetheless, it was a place of serenity almost a unique island in itself. And everyone knew everyone.

The time is the present and it is on a Late night chill on a typical Saturday night, as close friends Amelia Chesserton and Lilly Leigh Rose, plan their usual... and prepare for what they will undeniably recall as a night to remember...

On the forth story floor of their flat, in midtown of  Paytewyn, the door to the apartment is pushed open... A beautiful, young woman, Amelia, whom appears to be in her mid thirties, suddenly appears while slamming the door shut with her foot. Her arms are apparently full of  books as if she has just came from night school and her mouth stuffed with a pastry. Yet she is not alone. For standing in the kitchen on the side of the door is her best friend Lilly, a woman much older. Perhaps in her early forties, whom is no doubt chillaxing as she is preparing popcorn, the old fashioned way. By hand at the stove.

Amelia, happy to see her friend Lilly, drops her books where she stands, she mumbles as her mouth is still stuffed with the pastry.

"Here.... let me help you." Lilly speaks as she steals the pastry from Amelia's mouth and begins to eat it.

"Ha!" Amelia laughs. "I knew you were going to do that. And that is why I have another." Amelia smirks,  while taking another pastry from her jacket pocket.

"That's gross Amelia." Lilly cringes as she watches Amelia wipe off the lint from her pastry.

"Perhaps." Amelia smirked. "But not as bad as the one I just dropped on the steps on the way up here."

"Ew! And you ate it Amil?" Lilly cringed.

"No... but you just did." Amelia laughed amused at Lilly's now pale expression!

"You suck!" Lilly screeched tossing the pastry in the trash.

"I know." Amelia laughed. "But you love me."

"I hate you." Lilly said wiping her tongue with a napkin.

"Better toss that popcorn." Amelia laughed as she leaned affectionately on Lilly's shoulder.

"After that pastry... you're not getting any." Lilly smirked.

"No time..." Amelia replied.

"What do you mean, no time? It's ladies night! And we, my dear are staying in! It's the black and white marathon on the teli! And I am going to educate you, on superb tastes of the classics verses your modern glob of sappy lack of romance era... if it is the last thing I do. Lilly teased.