Nagisa and Masaru are sick, Kotoko takes care of them.

~~~~
Kotoko was feeling pretty relaxed. And she didn't trust it one bit.

She had a pretty nice morning, waking up first (though not really, but semantics) and running into a few past acquaintances. She actually managed to take her bath and escape some of her mental anguish for a while. She may have soaked a bit too long though, and she felt to calm for it to be true. Like she was suppressing some unease unconscionably and something just wasn't quite right.

This hunch is proven true when she finishes the ladder climb up to there base and sees Masaru and Nagisa, seemingly still asleep. Very odd,as one of them never stopped moving and the other was a workaholic. The next problem arose when she made eye contact with a masked boy who was nearly crying from the taxing stress of caring for these two dorks.

"Sheesh, I was gone a few hours. What happened?" She asked, waking over and sitting besides Jataro. The boy was obviously tired but pretending not to be, saying a bit even though he was still sitting. She gave an exasperated sigh and tapped him two times, the sign that they had come up with as permission to touch either Kotoko or Masaru. It was Nagisa's idea, naturally. Jataro dropped his head onto Kotoko's shoulder without hesitation, the impact of his head hurting a little and making her jump. She allowed the action, with a smile and a slight nod, the subtle approval seeming to dishearten the boy. She was annoyed with how cautions the other two always were. She wasn't some doll that would be easily shattered if they did something wrong (Well, she kinda was, they kinda all were, but admitting it wasn't something she'd do any time soon, she much preferred being bitter) and they didn't need to treat her like one. It was refreshing how boldly and recklessly Jataro always acted in that regard. He would still wait for her to initiate a hug, but he would hug her back until she couldn't breath, stuff like that. It made her feel strong, like he thought she was better then she was. Though, a part of her knew, some if not all of these occasion were guided firmly by his attempts to make her hate him. It was one unhealthy fixation fueled by another. How poetic.

"well...." Jataro started, taking a moment to gather his thoughts. "Nagisa is sick. Like, weirdly hot sick, like something is setting his insides on fire, right? And, now, Masaru was puking his guts out like a fly. Oh! But he didn't eat it after, like a fly would. That would be gross. Almost as gross as me." The boy answered with a small smile. "So. Now...I'm taking care of them? Or trying too." He finished with a nod and a yawn she didn't hear but felt.

"You should get some sleep, Snakey." she recommended, using his nickname and leading him over to a bed. "I've got it from here."

She may or may not have been lying.

----
Nagisa woke up and his head hurt a lot and he tried to stand up but was scolded by a shrill voice so he laid back down and opened his eyes instead.

"Kotoko? When did you get back?" He inquired, wincing at the "can yof his own voice. he would never get used to that.

"Not super long ago. 20 minutes-ish? I'm taking over for Jataro for the day. NO arguments." she responded with the smile she always wore that was still hard (but not impossible, if he weren't so tired and sick) to see through.

"okay, I guess." He groaned. He never thought he would think this, but he was too sick to argue with her. Or maybe he just knew better by now. who cares. "Can you get me some more pain killers and a new book?"

"How rude. What do you say when you want something?" Kotoko teased in an imitation of one of their old teachers, laughing at herself. He smirked a bit, it was kinda funny.

"now, ms.Buya." he responded, matching the tone he had used ti reply. It was how he had landed in detention and and met the other 3 (4) in the first place. Best mistake of his life.

Kotoko nodded at his reply and laughed again, the memory seeming to improve her mood. He was happy that she was so happy.
She retrieved the requested Items, getting him a Animorphs book, in English from some weirdo's home. He wouldn't usually read such a thing, but he was rusty on his English and this was the only way to practice now. He took the pill and started reading it to himself aloud in a whisper, working on his pronunciation as well. English was hard, Kotoko fluffed his pillow and occasionally tried to help him figure out a word (She knew English, some of her producers here American). He knew she didn't like talking in English though, so he just kept quiet, aside from the occasional request.

++++
Masaru woke up to his throat burning and grabbed for the 'puke bowel' Nagisa had asked Jataro to get earlier. He threw up in it, feeling more then a little embarrassed. The leader shouldn't seem so weak in front of others! It was kinda okay though, at least more okay then it would have been if it was anyone else. He trusted his priest, fighter, and sage, more then anyone else. That could never change. He doesn't see how it ever could.

After a few minutes, he sits up, clearing his throat to try and scrape up whatever dignity (big word, he learned it from Nagisa) he could. He asked for a glass of water, and didn't realize Kotoko was back until she handed him the glass. He startled and grinned, yelling in excitement and quieting down when Nagisa shushed him.

"Yeah, of course I'm back, dummy. Couldn't leave you losers alone." she sighed, taking his glass as he finished drinking "Jataro said to give you this when you woke up." She informed him, handing her his new arch enemy.

Chinese handcuffs.

with a grunt, he took them and shoved a finger into either side. He took a deep breath through his nose and steeled himself, trying to force his way out of the puzzle and not really succeeding. They made him angry, but they gave him something to focus on, and that was the point.

~~~~
Kotoko is technically supposed to be taking care of them, but they're a bit too stubborn to accept help at the moment. That was okay though, Just made her life easier. She read an old Magazine and waited for every order they had, following it with her brand of sass and caring that she reserved for just her three boys.