Chapter 11: Woven Words and Hidden Meanings

"Tae would you please get the greens from the grocery store? I know you may get recognised but it's a small shop and...and the owner knows us."

Taehyung hopped down the stairs and said,"No problem Mother, I'll be back before you know it."

The grocery store was almost empty and Taehyung faced no trouble at all roaming around the aisles. The elderly store owner sat dozing at the counter and snored so loudly that Taehyung had to fight the urge to laugh. Grinning, he moved around and looked for the items his mom had told him to get. A tune came to him and he started humming as he searched.

"Hm...spinach...where's the spinach...looks like they ran out of it..let me ask the owner.."

He turned around the aisle and found himself face to face with a girl in a black hoodie. He squinted and realised it was Ye Seul.

"Ye Seul! Oh gosh this is unexpected!" He could barely hide the glee in his voice.

The girl in the hoodie looked up. Her eyes widened.

"Taehyung?! o_o How did you...I mean..what are you...doing here.."

He grinned and said,"Ah..it's a long story. Anyway,let's get out of here if you're done too?"

Ye Seul nodded and soon they left the shop chattering.

"So," Ye Seul inquired curiously,"where is Hoseok? Didn't he come with you?"

Taehyung inwardly felt irked that she was asking where he was but coolly replied,"Nah he was asleep. Must be up by now I bet."

"Oh" was all Ye Seul could say, because visions of Hoseok looking like an angel after waking up were already running through her head. Just the mention of Hoseok would turn her into an infatuated mess.

***

Taehyung opened the door to his house and turned around to wave goodbye to Ye Seul who was standing on the sidewalk, gazing wistfully at the house hoping to catch a glimpse of...you all know who!

As luck would have it Taehyung's mother saw him waving and asked,"Who is it son?"

"Oh it's Ye Seul mom. She met me at the grocery store"

"Ye Seul?" Her ears perked up. She had been charmed by Ye Seul ever since Taehyung had introduced her.

"If it's her, you MUST call her in for breakfast! I've just finished preparing it!" and saying so she hurried out of the door herself and called out ,"Ye Seul dear, please join us for breakfast! It'd be a pleasure!"

Ye Seul's jaw dropped open. Shaking her head and not believing her luck, she hastened to greet Mrs. Kim and enter the house.

***

"Son why don't you show her around the house? I'll finish laying the breakfast till then"

He nodded and led her up the stairs, talking as he walked.

"And this is my room,which I have had to give to Hoseok for the time being." he opened the door to a large and airy room.

"Wow, this is pretty nice! The view is amazing.."

"Man why ain't the shower working?!" blurted Hoseok as the bathroom door opened and a dripping Hoseok emerged, wrapped only in a towel.

There was deathly silence in the room for a full second and then Ye Seul shrieked at the top of her lungs and ran out of the room before either of the boys could realise anything.

The boys stared at the door, neither of them saying a word

"Oh shit. I just royally messed up, didn't I?" Hoseok asked, trying to look innocent.