Chapter 71

"You've certainly bewitched the mind and ensnared the senses there haven't you Severus?"

A large explosion was the tartan woman's response. Minerva smirked slightly, casting a small shield charm to protect herself from the small bits of tree that rained down near her position. Minerva gave the man a few moments to collect himself before taking another step towards him.

"You speak as though I wished for this to happen." Snape turned on his heel snarling with all it was worth at the woman who looked more amused than afraid.

"Oh do relax, as much as it pains me to say, I am happy for you." Minerva let out a soft sigh running her hand down her robes, "Though I must say, I would never have seen this coming."

oOo

"I'm so sorry for what Ron did to you...Maybe my punch knocked what little was in his brain loose." Harry ran his fingers over his still bruised knuckle looking over the table sheepishly at Hermione. "The ministry has offered to give you a restraining order...if you want it."

"You told the ministry?" Hermione curled her arms around her waist conflicted by shame and relief at his words.

"Just Shacklebolt...I wouldn't do that to you..."

Hermione relaxed back marginally into the kitchen chair before glancing out the back window. Snape and Minerva were nose to nose now and it was clear that neither one of them were having a pleasant conversation.

"Where is he now?"

"At the hospital..." Harry looked down at the table unwilling to voice his concern out loud. He was sure, in his heart of hearts, that Hermione wouldn't have cursed Ron but the fear still lingered.

"It wasn't her." Galia set down a cup of tea before the both of them before turning to look out the back window herself, blocking Hermione's view.

"Wasn't her what?" Hermione gave a wary glance to the tea before slowly raising her eyes to Harry's.

"It's not important." Harry caught the corner of Galia's eye before reaching over the table to take Hermione's hand, "You're safe, that's what's important."

"And I've got my mind back, and right now I've got a mind to kick you until you tell me what I want to know Harry Potter."

"Ron...got what he deserved... that's all..." Harry pulled back his hand when Hermione didn't take it and looked down into his tea.

Hermione pursed her lips, "I didn't want him hurt Harry...I just wanted him out of my life..." Hermione pushed herself up turning out of the kitchen.

"That was brave..." Galia's hand came down to rest heavily on Harry's shoulder, "But she will find out. Are you really sure you want to rekindle your friendship on a lie?"

Harry stared down into the swirling colors beneath his nose, "He did it... didn't he?"

"And what if he did?"

"It's not my place to tell her."

Galia nodded her head giving his shoulder a small squeeze. "You should tell her what you know, after that, your responsibility has ended."

Galia turned slowly when another explosion sent dirt and rocks tumbling down against the window, a deep frown curled her lips. "Honestly. How did any of you survive?"

Harry turned his head as Galia made her way to the back door. He winced slightly when it slammed shut before turning his eyes through the doorway leading into the living room. He knew what he had to do, he just wasn't sure if it was right.