prologue

monophobia, or sometimes called autophobia, isolophobia, or eremophobia, is a morbid fear of being egotistical, or a dread of being alone or isolated.

dan howell has monophobia. he was afraid to be alone, but that is mostly because as soon as he was let out of the hospital after being born, his parents immediately put him up for adoption.

you may think, didn't he have friends at the orphanage? no, he didn't. all the boys made fun of him because he wasn't like the others. he didn't like girls as much as he liked boys, and it looked like everyone found that out. all the boys did exactly the same thing. made fun of him. he hated that.
but he had enough. finally, at 12 he got adopted by a loving family that treated them like their own son. unfortunately, they died in a car accident when he was only a year 11, leaving him alone again, and only at the age of 16.

phil lester, on the other hand, is a completely different story. well not "completely." we was sent to live with his grandparents after his real parents died in a car accident when he was 16. a real "coincidence" don't you think?
phil has astraphobia, an abnormal fear of thunder or lightning. he would cry under his bed since his parents we're gone an he felt like no one could protect him.

when his parents were alive, whenever he started crying and hiding in his closet, his mom and dad would hold him tight and tell him that everything's going to be okay. but they're dead, and that can't happen.
they both moved so they have to change schools. and to the same school. was it fate? or just coincidence?

///////////////////////
omg guys, i've changed this story so many times and i don't care if my mom finds out i'm pan because i've hid it for so long that fuck it so i made this story back to phan because that was my original plan. make sure you read more of this and vote and comment idk idc k bai