II

phil's p.o.v

it's the middle of 4th period and honestly, i'm ready for this day to be over already. i've never liked school, and i usually just draw the whole time in my sketch book.

i look around the room to see everyone whispering and gossiping. i've never been interested in gossip or rumors, so i usually wouldn't listen, but what I heard intrigued me.

"did you hear about the new transfer student? apparently his name is dan and he's like, totally adopted but he's like really gorgeous."

"i heard his foster parents died in a terrible accident and he's only transferred here because he has to live with his foster grandma."

"is that even a thing? wouldn't he just be sent back to foster care?"

"usually yes but his grandma knew of dan and didn't want him to be sent back there so she offered to take him in and adopt him."

"wow he's like totally lucky."

i scoff. how would they already know that much about him? i guess word goes around fast in this small town. i shut my textbook and the bell rings on que. as i walk out the room, down the hall is someone i've never seen before.

his chocolate brown eyes and slightly curled brown silky hair, so entrancing that anyone who saw it would feel the urge to run their hands through it. his pastel blue sweater, and ripped black skinny jeans complimented his hair and eyes, with his loosely tied converse as though it'd untie any second and he'll slip.

i don't think i've ever seen someone this beautiful my whole life.

we made eye contact for a split second, before he averted his eyes with a small blush littering his cheeks.

i smiled at his adorableness. what an amazing new student.

dan's p.o.v

as i enter the school grounds, i already start to feel judged. all the eyes were on me, as if i was a new toy at a toy shop that all the kids wanted to play with.

the kind that they'd leave in the corner, only to be forgotten as an even better toy came out.

atleast that's what i think about myself.