twenty eight

Chaeyoung 

I opened up my eyes and everything was a starting to make sense. I gasped as I realized I got my memory back. Since the drug was still in my system, I was still a little out of it but I was starting to get back to my senses.

Jack's hand was travelling up and down my body, but for some reason I couldn't speak. I looked him in his eyes and there was an emotion in his eyes that I couldn't describe. It was lust, but it was mixed with something else. Then, out of nowhere, I heard gunshots going off and a lot of screams. Even though I was drugged, I knew I had to get out of there but my limbs didn't let me.

Jack, the older man sitting next to me quickly ran away, leaving me behind. I tried to see what was going on but my vision didn't let me. More gunshots followed and I felt my hands start to shake. I was panicking. Do you blame me though? 

I then felt somebody pick me up. I tried to look at the person picking me up but again, my vision didn't let me. The only thing I could see was a blurry face. "Oh my god..Unnie?" 

***

I woke up with a burning headache. I opened up my eyes and quickly closed them again due to a bright light shining into my eyes. "Your awake!" Yunseo yelled as she smiled brightly at me. I tried opening my eyes again and this time, the light didn't affect me as much as it did the first time.

I blinked a few times before looking around the room. "Am I in a hospital room?" I asked Yunseo and she grabbed my hand and nodded. "How're you feeling..after what happened?" She questioned me with concern sparkling in her eyes.

"I'm feeling..wait, how do you know what happened? And how come I'm here in the first place?" I asked feeling panicked. "How could I not know? Jae-Hwa told me you tried..you know..killing yourself with drugs after the fight with Jungkook and your mom." 

Just as I was about to tell her that that wasn't the truth, Jae-Hwa came in. "UNNIE! YOU'RE AWAKE!" She ran towards me and hugged me. "I'll let you guys have a moment." Yunseo spoke up as she left the hospital room.

"Why the fuck did you tell them I tried fucking killing myself when I didn't try to." I angrily said to her, not even glancing at her. "You don't think I can actually tell them 'Ya, my friend got kidnapped by a gang, and I tried saving her so I killed a few guys."

"You killed people? The fuck? You should've told them the truth! What is wrong with you?!" I looked at her with anger in my eyes. "Unnie..I saved you. Those people were going to hurt you." Jae-Hwa mumbled out while looking at her feet.

"I- Thanks. But you killed people and that's not okay. And you should've told the truth about the gangs to the police, you could stop them!" I tried reasoning with her but she shook her head no. "If I told them about the gang that kidnapped you, it would lead to AML. You're in AML." 

"Wait..How do you know about AML?" I asked her and she gave me small, little grin. "I know a lot of things, unnie." She spoke so innocently, yet so dangerously.

"Leave me alone. for now."

  ***  

I had been alone for quite some time now in the hospital room. I had been here for a few days already and hadn't woken up till this morning. I had spoken to Yunseo and Jae-Hwa. My life was slowly but surely falling apart- and I was aware of it. 

I then heard a silent knock on my door. "Come in!" I yelled at the person who knocked on the door. My mother then came in with swollen eyes. "My baby.." She ran towards me and immediately hugged me. 

"How dare you try to leave this world! How dare you try and leave me, me behind!" My mom broke down as she sobbed into my shoulder. "Mommy..," I began ",.I didn't try to commit suicide. I will explain one day, but I didn't try to leave you behind."

"What do you mean?" She stopped sobbing and looked at me with pain in her eyes. "I'll explain soon, but you know I wouldn't dare to leave you behind." I kissed my mother's forehead and there we sat, hugging each other for hours.

"So let me get this clear, you didn't try killing yourself- but then how come they found drugs in your system?" My mom asked after a silence had broken out in the room.

"One day, mom." 

***

ITS MY BIRTHDAY

 bit ch