004

Alex was trying to avoid getting ready for the founders party, when the doorbell rang. No one else in the house made a move to open the door, so with a huff, Alex went downstairs to see who was there.

Surprisingly, it was Tyler, who's face lit up as he saw who opened the door. Alex smiled back and went to say something, but was cut off by his brother, who wanted to know who was there. Jeremy spotted Tyler and went to close the door, ignoring Alex's complaints, but Tyler's hand stopped the door from closing.

"I'm here for my mom. I was supposed to pick up a box of stuff." Tyler explained, not wanting to start another fight with Jeremy. Alex looked around his brother at Tyler apologetically, as he softly smiled. He hated that his brother despised Tyler, it made it impossible to be able to tell him about their little relationship, if they could even call it that.

"Right here. Please be careful." Elena appeared with a box, which looked ancient and handed it to Tyler.

"Yeah, be careful with it dick." Jeremy butted in.

"Hey! That was so uncalled for, Tyler's not done anything but stand there asking to get something for his mom." Alex exclaimed, standing up for Tyler, and staring up at his slightly taller twin brother.

"Knock it off, you guys. Tyler, maybe you should go. Tell your mom that I'll see her tonight." Elena said, smiling at Tyler.

While Elena walked off, Alex tried to get to Tyler through the gap in the door which his brother had left open, but was shoved aside as Jeremy tried to close it, but failed as Tyler, once again, stopped the door with his hand.

"Hey, would it make you feel better, if it told you that I like your brother, so want us to be alright?" Tyler asked, looking between Jeremy and Alex, who smiled at him.

"No." Then Jeremy shut the door in Tyler's face, making Alex glare at him.

Why must his brother hate the only guy who made him feel good?

=====

Not half an hour later, Jeremy and Alex were sat playing video games together, when Elena stormed in and hit them both over the heads angrily.

"Ahh, what is it?" Jeremy asked, as he and Alex rubbed their heads to try and soothe the stinging.

"The pocket watch. Where is it?" Elena asked, her eyes darting between the twins, not knowing which one had taken and not caring as long as she got it back.

"What watch?" Alex asked, removing the headphones, but getting tangled in the wire and hitting his brother to help him get out of it all.

"The watch one of you stole from mom's box. Look, Mrs. Lockwood just called me, freaking out. It was on the list, and she can't find it, and she thinks she's the one who lost it." Elena said, accusing the twins of stealing the watch.

"Maybe she did. Maybe Tyler took it." Jeremy said, making Alex pout at the mention of Tyler being the one to blame.

"Don't even play that card. One of you took it. If I go online, am I going to find it eBay? Is that how you pay for your pot? Or your whiskey? Maybe even all the condoms you go through Alex." Elena said, making Alex sit up straighter as he glared at his sister.

"Screw you!" Jeremy and Alex both said, then Jeremy got up and walked across the room, leaving Alex to glare at his sister in anger, annoyed that she'd say something like that to them.

"I would never sell this, ok?" Jeremy said to Elena, holding up the pocket watch the twins were both accused of stealing.

"Then why did you take it?" Elena asked, still annoyed that he would take the watch.