Chapter 1;

A muffled squeak snuck past my parted lips as my mothers arms tightened their hold around me, effectively smothering me, my face pressed tightly against her blue tweed coat.

"I'fe gof fo go," my meek voice escaped past the many layers of tweed, reluctantly she let go like a stubborn child handing over their favourite toy.

"I'll miss you," she said, sadness woven in her words, "remember to write."

I smiled lightly at her making silent promises, hopefully reassuring her. My father pulled me into a blissfully loose hug and ruffled my already messy light brown hair. I pulled away, my face morphing into shock as I playfully glared at him.

"I've already done my hair 3 times this morning," I huffed, then offered him a grin.

"Then why does it still look likes a rat's nest," he grinned in return nudging my shoulder lightly, "remember to stay out of trouble" he said loudly causing my mother to smile in approval before leaning down to whisper to me "but what your mother doesn't know won't hurt her."

I giggled quietly nodding at him, throwing my arms around him in one last embrace before shouting goodbye to both of them, promising to write.

I lugged my substantially heavy trunk towards the gleaming maroon train, my owl cage ratting, smiling at people in the same plain black robes as myself, hurrying to the train.

I heaved my trunk up onto the train and darted into the first empty carriage I saw, using all my effort lifting the charcoal trunk into the top compartment, letting out a nervous sigh as I stared out the broad window to distract myself.

The carriage door opened with a thundering clang, in the doorway stood a boy my age with white blonde hair slicked back contrasting with his pale complexion.

He sat down across from me with a cocky smile and held out his hand,

"I'm Malfoy, Draco Malfoy,"

"How interesting,"