Here I Was

I was a bit shocked at the living conditions of FP Jones. Of course I knew it wouldn't be the cute cottage where I live. Or the mansion that Penelope Blossom rests in. I even knew it wouldn't be the cramped two bedroom home that Hermione Lodge resides in. But this... this dusty white trailer house that has broken wood steps leading up to the door, holes beneath the house dug by animals. Even the hose spout was broken so it was sharp, and rusty.

FP's trailer wasn't much nicer then the rest of the Trailers at Sunny Side Trailer park. Heck even the sign was falling apart, I don't know why I thought the occupied trailers would be any different.

Some old guy that lives in a house across from FP sits on the dirt infront of his house and stares at me. I wave, he flips me off.

Dear God, this is definitely the wrong side of the tracks. The south side. The side with criminals; the Serpants; the school with metal detectors. I don't know how much longer I stood out there staring at the house and being creeped out by FPs neighbor, but eventually FP walked out of his house and slammed the door so hard one of the hinges snapped.

"Shit." He mumbles. He reached for his keys to lock it but decided against it and turned around.

"Shit." He says again when his eyes locked with mine. "What are you doing here?" His eyes were cold.

I couldn't do anything but stand there and look at him. He had on a shaggy leather jacket, torn blue jeans and a helmet in his left hand. I don't know why I couldn't do anything. Maybe I'm still in shock from seeing his crappy life.

"Hello?" He purrs and trots down his steps. "Kath? What are you doing here?"

"Are you dating Alice?" I burst out.

He freezes and looks for any kind of emotion written on my face. I don't know what he saw, but I think I was projecting fear.

"It's more complicated then that." He says and walks up to his motorcycle. It was black and sleek looking, I have no idea how he could afford something like that.

I look around the park trying to find words to say. Complicated? What does that even mean? So to understand better I refrazed the question.

"Are you having sex with Alice?" His eyes widened as he sat on his leather seat. I don't know why that question shocked him. But from his silence and his avoiding of eye contact, I assume it was a yes.

"She's dating Hal you know." I state and surprise myself as my legs moved me towards him. My brain was still screaming at me to leave, but my body was hot with anger.

"Yeah, I know. We only fucked once though, so it's fine." He put on his helmet and kicked up his stand. I thought he was going to drive off and just leave me, but he didn't. He just kept looking at his handle bars.

"Are you serious?" I ask still striding up towards him. "You cheated with my sister, and kissed me, and none of it bothers you?" I was really close to him now, closer then I want to be.

He looked up from his handle bars and stared at me through his tinted viser. I couldn't see his eyes but I could feel them piercing through me.

"Do you just mess with every girl out there? Oh this one wants to be in a gang I'll fuck her." I pause and scrunch my face at my own cursing. "Oh this one does drugs I'll screw her, oh this one wants nothing to do with me but I'll pin her to the wall and kiss her anyway."

I was out of breath and I bit my lip at the memory of FP kissing and grinding on me at Penelope's party.

FP took of his helmet and a smirk played on his lips.

"If you want nothing to do with me, then why are you here in your black heals, ruby neckless, and one hundred dollar skirt, yelling at me about who I fuck?"

He had me there. I didn't know why I was here. Walking past Pops Diner, over the tracks and past the cruddy park sign, I told myself it was all because I wanted to know if Alice was lying or not. But I knew deep down then and I know deep down now that Alice is definitely not why I came here.

So I just stood there staring at him, for what felt like the millionth time. Without a word FP put his helmet back on and started backing up his bike.
I don't know what came over me at that moment, but I grabbed his Handle bars and with all my might threw it to the side so it hit the ground with a bang.

FP dismounted the ripping bike just as it was about to grip his leg and take him down with it.

"What the fuck?" He shouts at me.

I start backing up, as quickly as my heals would let me. He throws off his helmet and plows toward me. I looked away for a moment to watch his helmet roll into a ditch, and in that second he reached out, grabbed my shoulder and pushed me into the side of his trailer.

With the sudden force hitting the wall, dust and spair raindrops fell on me. For a quick second I thought I was crying but it was just the water running down my face.

I tried shifting away from the steady drip but he was gripping me too hard.

"FP, please. You're hurting me." I hated the way the words came out of my mouth, begging for him to loosen his grip.

"Look here, Kathleen. You can yell at me with your fancy words. Tell me I need to stop fucking with girls feelings. Hell you can even get waisted and use me as a crutch. But you do not," he pushes his whole body against me and looks down into my eyes, "you do not fuck with my bike."

I had so many thoughts running through my mind at that moment. Why was he hurting me?
Why was I here?
Why am I turned on?
Why did I do that to his bike?

All I knew was that his eyes did not match his body. It was firm and ruff. But his eyes were confused, like he was asking the same exact questions I was.

And with one quick movement he pushes off of me and turns around running a hand down his face.

I was to busy watching him to realize that I cut my leg on the broken hose nozzle that was sticking out of the house, and that it felt like a million wasp stings where his thumb dug under my collar bone.

"I'm sorry." He mumbles through his fingers. His back was hunched and still facing me.

I open my mouth to say; it's okay, or to yell at him, or say something, but nothing came out. My jaw just smacked up and down.

So I decided to walk past him and stop at his bike. I knew just by looking at it I wouldn't be able to lift it off the ground, it was hard enough tossing it down.

"I'll pay for the repairs." I utter. With much hesitation I look over at him and he nods. His eyes still full of confusion, and not meeting mine.

And without a word I take a couple steps away from him and then burst into a run, my heals barely held me up but I didn't want to slow down.