17

You could hear Neji cry out to you, but your body wouldn't respond.
He held you tight in his arms as he carried you.
You wanted to reach out and tell him you were fine but...you yourself didn't even know.
The pain had gone it was like a weight had been lifted, unconsciously your hand drifted to your stomach, you still couldn't feel any movement of the baby...
You could now hear a number of voices surrounding you as Neji put you down on a soft surface, which you assumed was the hospital bed.
Neji held your hand "Sir..your wife has lost a lot of blood" a deep voice spoke, you could hear his footsteps stop at the left hand side of the bed.
"Well she be okay?! I can't lose her..I-I can't -" your hand began to feel wet you heard Neji sobbing as both his hands held on to you.
"What about the baby.." Neji spoke, your heart raced awaiting the doctors reply
"The Baby is...fine" you were relived you wouldn't know what to do if anything happened to your child.
"But" the doctor sighed "when we deliver this baby your wife will lose more blood...meaning she may not live" Those words struck you like a knife, you couldn't die! It was not your time, you have to be here to watch your child grow up and you couldn't leave Neji!
"S-she will live i I know it! (YN) is strong..isn't that right (YN)" Neji ran his fingers through your hair.
"Don't leave me (YN)" he spoke softly in your ear

"I'll never leave you.." your voice weak but he heard it. The lids of your eyes opened half way, "I-I'm ready" you looked over to the doctor he nodded and signalled the nurses to come in.
"On 3 push! 1..2..3!" "Erggg" you held onto anything near by pushing as much as you could, the nurse looked at you worryingly "okay, we need you to push again this time as much as possible 1...2...3!"  "Argggg!" You were gasping for air
"Well done! I'll get the baby cleaned up" your vision blurred "you did great (YN)!" He kissed you, you smiled. The nurse brought back your baby "congratulations on a baby girl!" She put your baby in your arms "Neji...a girl"you were elated you had always wanted a baby girl "she's beautiful..just like her mother" "Let's name her Sumire" you smiled looking down at her, her eyes closed with a small smile on her face. "Sumire? I like that name" Neji kisses you.

"Mr Hyūga there's someone here to see you" the nurse called out to Neji.
You both looked towards the door as Tenten walked in she gave you an apologetic look.
"C-congratulations (YN)" the closer she came towards you the more agitated you became, she notices and stops. "I'm really sorry for what I did (YN) I came to say..that Ishida and I will be moving back into my house" she looked towards Neji, his lips parted and he hesitated to speak. You knew he wanted Ishida to stay and have his family in one house but even he knew this was for the best.
"Tenten..I understand" Neji eyes were soft with a hint of sadness "Ishida" he breathed out
"It will be fine Neji" you intwined your fingers with his.
Tenten's eyes glanced over you and Neji... maybe now she realized that he couldn't be hers and that he had finally found his true love. Without a word she walked out of the room.
"Time we head back home (YN)" he stood up but you shook your head "Neji I c-can't "
"What's wrong? Are you okay?" His eyes filled with worry. "I don't think I can stand in my own, I can't...feel my legs" Neji ran out of the room "Doctor!" you heard him scream.

You looked down at your bundle of joy, holding her tight your vision blurred. The sight of your daughter became a haze.
She wrapped her tiny hand around your finger giving you comfort as your breathing slowed down. No matter what happened to you, as long as your daughter was safe that's all that mattered, the room fell dark and the air around you felt cold.

What was happening?
Were you dying?