[8]

movies

You were the first person who was actually okay with smuggling snacks in to the movie theater with me. We even made it a challenge sometimes to see who could carry the most in without getting caught. The theater didn't care too much about it, they just made you throw it away. I teased you a lot about you having to throw away over twenty dollars worth of food one time because you got caught, and only because the employee heard one of the bag crackling. You did usually win , anyways, so it was only me being a sore loser.

We agreed on most things - it was never a big thing when we did disagree either, but we never agreed on popcorn. You hated buttered popcorn more than you hated people. On the other hand, I was not going to eat popcorn unless it was drenched in butter, no matter how unhealthy it was. That was the fun of going to the movies. The rest of the fun was spent watching you trying to shove a fully pop bag of kettle corn down your pants. Sometimes you would just give in and eat mine or we would eat it without any extra butter, even though you still hated it.

On one of our first dates, I watched you bite the ends off of a piece of licorice and stick in it your soda. It was by far the weirdest thing I had ever seen you do, and I questioned you about it quickly. You laughed at me and I laughed at you before you made me try it. That's when I realized that I was dating a genius. We always shared a soda after that and we took turns smuggling in the licorice.

We were a sucker for movie marathons, though. All-weekend movie marathons where we would drink massive amounts of coffee in attempt to stay awake for as long as we could. They were usually marathons of Marvel movies or Harry Potter, something we've already seen a million times before. We'd start on the couch, laying on different ends with our feet next to each other's head. As time went on and movies past, we'd end up in a completely different position, usually one of us on top of the other or off the couch altogether.

We couldn't cuddle when we were actually trying to watch anything because we'd always get too distracted by each other. We were that annoying couple that never got tired of each other - only when we fought, but even then it wasn't necessarily like we were sick of each other and needed space. Every time I looked at you, I could fall in love all over again. You told me once that every time you kissed me it was still like the first.

Any weekend we could devote to watch movies was the best. We'd turn out all the lights in the living room and close the curtains on our windows. We would make it as dark as we possibly could. Even though we loved action and sci-fi/fantasy movies, our favorites were definitely horror movies, especially old ones from the 80's and 90's. We could watch Friday the 13th constantly and never get bored of it.

I remember arguing with you about different movies and theories about them. We could do it anywhere and about any movie. One of us would remember something that we read or thought and we'd discussed it immediately. We made a promise that we would never push talking about movies away so that we could always keep talking, even if we were fighting. That's even a way that one of us would try to make up after a fight because we swore we would and we kept our promises. Well, all but one.