[13]

tickling

Our neighbors tried to stay to their own but sometimes they were forced to come knock on our door when we ended up in a tickle fight. It was immature and kind of stupid but that was us. We would usually laugh so unbelievably loud at the worst times. I think the worst it's ever been was the tickle fight we had at almost two o'clock in the morning, knowing that we were going to laugh too loud and our neighbor had work at seven in the morning. He was an ass anyways. He was usually the one that would come beat on our door and tell us to stop.

We had way too many tickle fights for our age, but that wasn't going to stop us. We never made bets or anything, they were more just for fun or because one of us needed attention. It usually just started with one of us poking the other's side and then everything just went off from there.

"Hey, hey, hey." You repeated once, poking my side with every word. I sat on the couch reading over yet another manuscript. I had been reading all morning and you were honestly done with it. You weren't high maintenance at all; it was just a few days after a fight and you needed the attention to make sure that I was still here. I got the same way sometimes.

I tried to ignore you, but there was no way that was ever going to work. It was just the way that it always worked. When you realized that I wasn't budging, you wrapped your arms around my waist and kissed my neck quickly before laying your head on my shoulder. I quite quickly got back to doing my work, not very distracted anymore, before you started tickling the back of my neck gently. I wiggled away from you, muttering a "stop."

You never stopped, though, and I eventually threw aside the packet of paper to pin you to the couch beside me. The next few minutes were spent with us trying to tickle each other while pushing hands away. This was not the first or the last time that we ended up falling off the couch due to a tickle fight. Our neighbors hated that sound, too. The older couple used to think that one of us had fallen or gotten hurt. The parents across the hall always thought that we were in a toxic relationship and one of us was abusing the other. Their kids had no filter whatsoever and asked us about it in an elevator once. At least the alcoholic asshole never bothered us with that one.

We usually did these when both of us were in somewhat good moods, but we would sometimes use them as a form of making up after a fight. It usually worked out, but only if both of us were too mad to even attempt to talk to each other. We usually tangle every single one of our limbs together trying to win because it meant something more to use trying to win after a verbal fight. We'd end up kissing each other everywhere we could, muttering 'I love you' over and over again to each other whenever we could between our laughs. 

It was definitely a more unorthodox way of getting over a fight, but it worked for us, and that's all the matter.