xv

Patrick got Rizza's message. Audrey was sitting near the shore and touching the cold beach water when Patrick called him. 

"Audrey, can you come with me?" Patrick offered his hand which made Audrey a bit distant.

Audrey immediately took Patrick's hand and they suddenly ran beside the shore. She didn't realize that she instantly took his hand with no hesitation. 

"Where are we going?" Patrick didn't reply and they continued running until they came to a very silent and private area of the resort.

Patrick gave way to Audrey. "This way, my lady." Audrey smiled and went straight behind the curtains and as she opened them, she was surprised to see a wonderful sight.

Candles shaped in a heart and in between them is a table for their dinner. On the left side of the venue, there is also a huge blanket. Audrey wondered what was it for. Romantic music covered the whole room.

As they both sat down, Patrick can see Audrey very observant with what she is seeing. While they were eating, Patrick didn't wait for dinner to be done. 

"Is there something wrong with anything?" Patrick was a bit worried about Audrey. She wasn't that quiet since they had their first date.

"Salamat, Patrick. You don't know how much this means to me. You don't really have to." Audrey was overwhelmed with her happiness and so did Patrick. And they continued eating.

Audrey stood up from her chair and stood outside the curtain to enjoy the stars. She was still wearing her two-piece bikini covered with the see-through dress Rizza gave her. Patrick went to her and put his arm around her shoulders. She didn't resist.

"Ang ganda ng mga stars 'no?" Audrey looked from beyond and straight to Patrick's face. Audrey placed her head in his shoulders. 

"Alam mo, pumasok tayo, malamig dito, naka-ano ka pa naman." Patrick insisted. Audrey didn't want to, "Eh, yung stars..." Patrick smiled and led her inside. Audrey suddenly stopped after they went inside and called Patrick's attention who was preparing the blanket she saw awhile ago.

"Patrick?" He was still fixing some stuff and just gave her a hum. Audrey took his hand and Patrick immediately faced Audrey. She coughed and started talking.

"You know, Patrick. I appreciate every effort you have given for the past months. I really do. Hindi ko nga alam kung paano ako magpapasalamat sa'yo in my own way. Pero I believe that this is the only way I can return to you all your efforts. To be honest with you, from the day we met and up to this moment, I can say na this is meant to be. Sabi mo sa akin, hindi ko kailangang magmadali. But then I thought, bakit ko pa patatagalin? Ang tanda-tanda ko na para sa mga ganito. Sorry sa mahabang pasakalye but to make this short, I would like you to ask me the question you've been dying to ask me before."

Patrick was stunned but immediately spoke. "Are you sure about this, Audrey?" She nodded and she was waiting for him to speak.

"Audrey, will you be my girlfriend?"

Audrey nodded and said, "Yes, Mr. Patrick Mario Lim. :)" Patrick shouted for joy and immediately hugged her. He can't take it anymore and suddenly kissed her. She was surprised but responded with a kiss back. They both laugh their heart's content.

The couple lied down on the blanket in each other's arms as they watch the stars at night. Audrey suddenly laid her body on the blanket, faced the man of his dreams, who was laid back and using his elbows for support, and they started a very sweet conversation.

"Alam mo Patrick, may na-realize ako."

"And what is that?"

Audrey pinched his nose and said, "Ang gwapo-gwapo mo talaga!"

Patrick laughed. He caressed her cheeks and gently touched her jawline until he reached her chin. He pulled her and let their lips meet. This time, the kiss was intimate, slow yet filled with passion.

After the kiss, their foreheads are leaned on each other, they laughed. "Ang sarap naman 'nun." Patrick teased. 

The couple laid down on the blanket. Audrey lying down on Patrick's chest. They enjoyed the night together in the silence. 

They were so happy to be in each other's arms. Nothing like they have ever imagined.

"Patrick?"

"Yes?"

"Sasabihin ba natin ito sa employees natin?"

"Well, first of all, sasabihin natin ito sa parents natin. Pagka-uwi natin, didiretso muna tayo sa bahay. Is that fine with you?"

"Oo naman. Eh, paano yung mga kasama natin?"

"Kahit wag na nating sabihin sa kanila, sila na ang bahalang magjudge. Basta, I know, I love you, you are mine, Ms. Perez."

"I love you too, Mr. Lim. So much."

They conversed for the whole night. Audrey invited her boyfriend for a night swim so that her bikini won't be a waste. They enjoyed the beautiful, starry night together. Running by the sand beach, splattering each other in the cold ocean.