Chp 23

Last chapter!!

Alexanders P.O.V

Waking up in Thomas' arms was soothing and reckless at the same time and as the memories of last night came flooding into my stagnant mind a silent tear rolled down my bruised cheek and an almost indecipherable whimper made its way from my lips and I could feel Thomas start to stir.

I quickly wiped the tear from my cheek, replacing my expression with a smile, I couldn't let him see through me.... it's not okay to be sad. I watched Thomas sit up silently and look around the room "Alexander..?"

His eyes widened, suddenly alert and I had to speak before he did something wild and drastic. "Th-Thomas I'm here.." I had tried my best to smile through the aching pain emanating from my body. His expression relaxed and I silently cheered that he believed my effort at happiness.

I felt his arms snake around my waist as he laid back down, pulling me with him. "You okay?" His face inches away from mine, his lips curled back into a large toothy grin, I suddenly felt overwhelming emotions from the days and weeks before come crashing down on top of me, and that's when the waterworks started, and they showed no signs of stopping.

"I-I'm not o-okay.." pictures flashed behind my eye lids like a movie screen and I hadn't realised the shaking had started before Thomas' arms were cupping my face and wiping away my tears.

As I looked up into Thomas' eyes I knew I was safe, I knew that I was broken, broken but safe. He would protect me from the harshness of the world at all costs and never let me go... and he was well aware of how broken I was.

"I love you, Alex. My Lexi, you're all I ever wanted and more than I could ever need. The everlasting love that I share with you is enough to sustain my stone cold heart, enough for me to wake up actually looking forward to life because you are my life.

I am overly grateful for you, I am overly grateful for your love after all of the years I had terrorised you, and I am overly grateful for everything you have done for me... and even though last night happened you have to understand it's okay not to be okay.

Especially after things like that happen, you need to ask for help no matter how vulnerable you look or act, it's okay to breakdown and cry just as long as you know I will always be there to hold your hand or to be the shoulder you need to cry on because, Alexander, I love you."

The tears came rolling out faster, and I couldn't reply... I just threw my arms around his neck and smiled finally feeling sustained at the fact that I had someone to love, someone to hold and someone to care for... I had Thomas.

This is short and crappy but that's it... the ending, thank you to everyone who read this. There will be no sequel, love you all.

For one last time,
Jay signing off.