author's note

Hey guys! J. Nicole here :)

Okay, okay, this time--I swear--there won't be another book. Which is sad, but hey, it has to end somewhere, and I think this is a good place. For once, Lucie, Cian, Vinny, and Friends™ deserve some peace, don't you agree?

So thank you to everyone who read to this point--who started with Pulse (which is still up on Amazon, BTW, if you need a refresher lol) and ended here. Even to those of you who may have started somewhere in the middle. In the end, if you're out there and you're reading my work, I'm grateful.

This series has been a critical part of my journey as a writer, which is part of the reason...drumroll please...I've finally started querying literary agents! Namely for my other book That's A Good Question, but some other manuscripts as well. It's a big step for me and honestly it's sort of terrifying, but if I really want to get published, I've realized, I have to do some scary things. 

So...besides that, what else is on the agenda? 

I know I said I'd be doing this before, and then I went and wrote this book instead, but I promise, I will get around to rewriting The Shift Series, probably at the end of the summer. I've recently become occupied with Someone, Somewhere, which already has three chapters up and a fourth on the way if you wanna check it out. It's a realistic fiction novel loosely based off some...true events, to say the least. The inspiration for it kind of hit me like a bus. I woke up at two AM scrambling for a pen and paper, and planned the whole thing within twenty-four coffee and adrenaline-driven hours.

As always, I hope you enjoyed the story and will enjoy the stories I've yet to write (wink wink). I'm signing off for now!

- J. Nicole