Chapter 2

A few months later.

Before I open my eyes, I know something is wrong.

"What is it?" I ask the nearest trainee. Mollie is her name.

"The Titan activity by the wall has quadrupled!" Mollie said, wide-eyed and panicked. "The Survey Corps are being eaten like rice!"

Struck with fear for Nicolas and Jack, I ran to my superior officer. "Sir! What's going to happen?!"

"The king has called for all factions to band into one large one! You'll be sent over to the Forest of Giant Trees!"

"Yes, sir!" Aw shit, I thought. That's close to where Titan attacks frequently happen.

Upon arriving to the Forest of Giant trees and locating its home base, I was met by Commander Erwin Smith, and Corporal Levi.

"Sir!" I saluted.

"Glad to meet you, soldier," Smith said to me.

"You'll be located in Gamma Squad," Levi said without even looking at me.

"Yes, sir".

I broke through the doors to Gamma Squad Wing and almost fainted. Jack was standing there, with the badge of Corporal.

"Are you fucking serious?!" I said to Jack.

"Yep. I'm your leader now," not even bothering to hide his smug tone. "And look who else is here."

Nicolas came out from behind a door. "Are you kidding?!" I said in disbelief. "We'll get nothing done at all!"

We looked at each other and burst out laughing.