Chapter one: I'm going to die...

I could easily say I wasn't scared at all, but then I would be lying. I was scared out of my mind. Fumbling for the knife at my side I let out a shaky breath. It's okay.  I'm alright. Yeah right, like I was going to believe that total crap. This was not turning out the way it was supposed to. This isn't good. I can hear their voices starting to get closer. This is it. This Is the end of me. I raised the knife, ready to stab whatever moved when all of a sudden I hear a loud crash, and then footsteps moving towards me. Oh God...
I felt myself freeze, unable to speak. The footsteps stopped right in front of my hiding spot. I was about to have a panic attack when I heard a familiar voice. "Asif? Are you here? It's just me dude..." Oh thank God! "I'm down here idiot. God Cyko you almost gave me a heart attack." I replied, letting out the breath I didn't even realize I was holding. "Yeah yeah you pansy. Come on, this base is gonna blow up in 15 seconds..." He said, reaching out his hand. "WAIT WHAT!?!" "13 seconds." Oh jeez. I grabbed his hand and pulled myself back up. Oh great, our death is imminent, isn't that nice? I had no idea where we were going. We blocked off all exits as soon as we got in here. Now that I think about it this was kind of a suicide mission... Crap.  I could feel my heartbeat quicken with every step. I had no idea where we were going. "Calm down dude, don't have like a heart attack or something." Cyko said, still holding my hand. "First of all, why are you still  holding my hand? Second of all, do you have any idea where we're going???"
"Of course I have no clue where we're going." Cyko said nonchalantly, releasing my hand with a smirk. "WHAT?? YOU MEAN YOU HAVE NO CLUE HOW TO GET OUT OF HERE?" I scream. It probably wasn't appropriate to scream but I was scared that bomb or whatever it was was going to go off any moment and we had no idea how to get out. It was at that moment that our heros came. "Reed! Anavel! There you two are! Asif here was about to have a panic attack or something!! Can you get us out?" Cyko said enthusiastically. "Yeah, we can get you idiots out. You know, there was a reason we told you to stay at our base in the lower side." Reed replied, sounding annoyed at us. Hey he can be annoyed at Cyko but not me. I didn't sign up for this! I'm still figuring out how he managed to convince me this was a good idea in the first place. Reed speaking again pulled me out of my thoughts and back into the real world where we were probably going to die any second. That is until Reed showed us the way out just as the place blew up. The only thing that was left of the building was a few red stains on the ground and some pieces that are now scrap metal. "You idiots are lucky we found you." Anavel finally said. Boy does she have room to talk. On our last mission she had to get her sassy butt saved by Reed. "Hey now, we probably wouldn't have figured it out in time." Cyko replied. Okay seriously? He pretty much just admitted that we would have died without them. Which is true but still, did he have to admit it? "Come on guys, let's get back before Sariah starts planning our funerals." I said. After the adrenaline has finally worn off, I'm ready to collapse.