Chapter 29

(Mrs Aminat woke her up in the morning to inform her she was leaving.)

Mrs Aminat:I can't even take you to my shop, make sure you eat the leftover food because i can't afford to pour it away.

Summayah:Okay MA.

(She takes her leave before turning back.)

Mrs Aminat:I might be going to lagos today, so don't wait for me. If you like go out and meet your boyfriends,I am sure they will like your new scars. Just remember to lock the doors okay.

Summayah:(She couldn't argue, so she just nodded.)Safe journey.

Mrs Aminat left, leaving Summayah in pain. Summayah dozed off after eating a little rice and taking her drugs. She was woken up due to her phone ringing, with her pounding headache she gently sat up. Without looking at her phone, she picked it up.

Summayah:Hello.

Jamiu:Hello Su.

Summayah:(She heard the voice she has been yearning for and she couldn't stop her tears.)How are you.

Jamiu:I am fine and you?

Summayah:I am fine too, when will you be back.

Jamiu:Is everything alright Summayah, your voice is not the same happy voice. It has changed, what happened.

Summayah:(She burst out crying)Jamiu, Az left. I am so lonely here, it's suffocating. My head is...is... Very heavy, i can't go on like this. I can't, i don't talk much but my only friend has left me and it has made me feel empty. I miss you so much, i want to see you. I am all alone, jamiu. You are the only friend i have left. (She couldn't stop her tears).

Jamiu:Summayah, i can't see you like this. I have my exam in 3 days time, i will be back by then. I have actually put you in a lot of mess, you should be enjoying yourself at this stage of your life but it's like i have caged you like a bird. I am coming home tomorrow, first thing in the morning.

Summayah:You don't have to come home, i shouldn't have said anything to you. Just focus on your exam, i am fine. I was only been emotional.

Jamiu:I won't listen to you Summayah, i have to see how you fairing. You are my responsibility and you should come first.

Summayah:Trust me, there is no  need....

Jamiu:No ifs and buts Summayah, i am coming home to see you tomorrow. Just rest okay, take your drugs and make sure you eat.

Summayah:Okay, i will do that.

(Summayah ended the call, the drugs she used took over her and she slept off.)

*******
Jamiu was so disturbed that he couldn't concentrate on his studies. He knew something is wrong with his dear wife, Summayah.He booked a flight to Sokoto, he was so restless and couldn't sleep. He woke up very early, after taking his bath, he quickly went to the airport. Abuja to Sokoto by air is just few minutes. On getting home, he met Summayah sleeping. He quickly moved closer to her.

Jamiu:(He tapped her gently, that was when he discovered she had a high temperature.)Summayah, Summayah open your eyes.

Summayah:(Open her eyes gently, seeing jamiu. She couldn't believe he was actually sitting next to her.)Jaaamiu, is that you. (She was so weak that she couldn't speak properly.)

Jamiu:What happened to you? I knew something was wrong, why didn't you tell me you were sick. (He quickly stood up to get a towel and cold water to suppress her temperature before calling their family doctor.) Summayah, you should have told me, what if something actually happened to you. (He moved closer to her, he was about to place the towel on her neck when he saw the marks,he withdrawed his hand before facing her.) Summayah who did this things to you, who beat you up? Why are this scars and injuries on your body.