Chapter 39

It has been a week since jamiu left and Summayah was getting worse day by day. Mrs Aminat was really worried, she wondered why Summayah was seriously ill.She prepared lunch and proceeded to her room to feed her before talking to Jennifer about the issue. Getting to her room, Summayah was still sleeping and she tried waking her up.

Mrs Aminat:Summayah.

Summayah:Ma,Salam Alaikum.

Mrs Aminat:Walaykum salaam, sit up and eat.

Summayah:I amnt eating.

Mrs Aminat:I have always told you not to refuse me, why wont you eat? Have you looked at yourself in the mirror? (She placed her hand on her forehead) You have a very high fever and you refused to eat. Do you want to kill yourself, you are also pregnant. Better eat for the betterment of the child in your womb.

Summayah:(She watched her as she keeps on talking, remembering how her mother would force her to eat sometimes, she burst out in tears.She hugged her mother-in-law.)You still have that part of you that likes me, i miss this side of yours mum.

Mrs Aminat:(She pushed her away) Just because i am here to feed you doesn't mean i have forgiven you. I don't want you to die in my house so that those that doesn't know how everything started will not blame me for your death.

Summayah:I am still grateful that you thinking about health even though it is only because you fear i will die suddenly. Well, death is inevitable mum.

Mrs Aminat:Just eat your food.

Summayah:Mum,if i should die today, will you miss me for once? Will you ever pray to Allah to forgive me for my sins? Will you say any good thing about me?

Mrs Aminat:It will be best if you just shut up and eat.

Summayah:(Wiping her tears, she kept on talking)I just want to know if you still have any affection for me. Just tell me the truth, will you miss me? What if I die during child birth, will you hold my baby and take care of it?

Mrs Aminat:I will never hold that bastard not to talk of taking care of it. I don't care if you die, just make sure you are out of this house and not implicate anyone. You are still in this because of my son, i would have kicked you out of my house and life.

Summayah:Mother...

Mrs Aminat: I told you I amnt your mum, just get out of my house and look for your uncultured mother who have given birth to you with no plans to take care of you. You are just like your mother, I hope you won't abandon your child just like your mother did.

Summayah:I...will...be...leaving...very..soon. Just give me a little time, i will get a job and leave here.

Mrs Aminat:You think they would just give you a job, you are not even fit to sweep and you want to work. You are pregnant, nobody will accept you.

Summayah:Nothing is impossible, there are still good people out there.Allah is the best of planners, i know He has willed what is best for me. Whatever has happened to me and the one that is yet to happen, i am always thankful and grateful. It has all happened for the best mum, everything has happened for the best. Good times are still coming my way, very soon In sha Allah. We will all be tested mum.

Mrs Aminat:Just eat your food, make sure you finish it.

Summayah:I will eat it.

Mrs Aminat:The nurse will be here very soon, get up and eat so that you can use your drugs. I wonder why you are not improving abit.

(Mrs Aminat left her to talk to jennifer while Summayah reminded herself of the verses in the Qu'ran.)

Surah Al-Mumtahina, Verse 4:
قَدْ كَانَتْ لَكُمْ أُسْوَةٌ حَسَنَةٌ فِي إِبْرَاهِيمَ وَالَّذِينَ مَعَهُ إِذْ قَالُوا لِقَوْمِهِمْ إِنَّا بُرَآءُ مِنكُمْ وَمِمَّا تَعْبُدُونَ مِن دُونِ اللَّهِ كَفَرْنَا بِكُمْ وَبَدَا بَيْنَنَا وَبَيْنَكُمُ الْعَدَاوَةُ وَالْبَغْضَاءُ أَبَدًا حَتَّىٰ تُؤْمِنُوا بِاللَّهِ وَحْدَهُ إِلَّا قَوْلَ إِبْرَاهِيمَ لِأَبِيهِ لَأَسْتَغْفِرَنَّ لَكَ وَمَا أَمْلِكُ لَكَ مِنَ اللَّهِ مِن شَيْءٍ رَّبَّنَا عَلَيْكَ تَوَكَّلْنَا وَإِلَيْكَ أَنَبْنَا وَإِلَيْكَ الْمَصِيرُ