WE MEET AGAIN

"But, I mean, come on, you have to at least just for one second consider the possibility-"

"There." Nathan passed his brother the binoculars he held and pointed towards an open window on the top floor, a light flashing through it. "See? Trust."

Sam and Nate had been arguing back and forth lightly, balancing atop moss covered rocks just outside and above the Rossi Estate. Black market auction. The brothers both supported black suits and ties beneath blue and grey heavy jumpsuits.

"Just try and keep your tux clean," Sam huffed, zipping up the latter's jumpsuit all the way up, just as his was. As soon as he turned his back though, it was unzipped again.

"Thanks," Nate scoffed in return, following Sam and hopping off of the rocks, onto the cliff below.

In under ten minutes of climbing and running along the cliffside, they made it up the building and to the ledge just outside of the window the flash had come from. It was open, letting out some of the cool air conditioning from inside. It did a good job of balancing out the heat of the setting sun on their backs.

The suits were taken off and kicked too the side, and Nathan approached the window, straightening his tie. "You alright?" he asked, noticing his brother trying to compose himself.

"Yeah," he answered quickly, brushing it off. "How do I look?"

He was scanned up and down. "Like four hundred million bucks, let's go," Nate chuckled and began to pull himself through the window.

"Yeah, I'm right behind ya."

Inside, the cold was almsot overwhelming. It was dark too, the only light coming in from the windows, mainly the one Nathan had just come from. "Sully?" he called into the darkness.

"You know what I like best about partying with a bunch of crooks?" a voice returns from the dark before a lamp switches on, revealing a white haired man with a cigar between his lips seated upon a leather couch.

"What's that?" Nate smiled.

"Nobody cares if you smoke indoors." He stood up from the couch and crossed the room to him.

"It's been a while."

"Too long boyo," Sullivan grins, giving Drake a quick embrace, patting his back.

Sam hops inside a moment later, taking one last look outside before he turns around, meeting Sully's eyes and walking towards the two. He looks at the old man as if he were about to pull out a gun and attack him.

"You remember my dead brother, right?" Nate broke the silence, trying to help the situation.

"Victor," Sam nodded in greeting.

"I'll be goddamned," is his reply. "Fifteen years..."

"Yep."

"Good to see you alive Sam," the two shake hands in an unspoken agreement. They, at least for the moment, were allies.

"Let's try and keep him alive by getting this cross, huh?" Victor turns his attention to the younger brother.

"Yeah, uh... about that..."

"W-what, what about that?" Sam asks, a bit of worry creeping into his voice as he shares a glance with Nate.

"C'mon. Lemme show you something." Sully is quickly followed out of the room and to the railing just across from it. "Take a look."

The two look down to where they had been gestured, the stage, covered in red velvet carpet and other luscious fabrics. The place is more than expensive to say the least. But the thing that catches all three eyes, is the display. "That's Avery's cross..." Nate muttered, staring at the artifact.