The Love Dare

"Nolan!" Couch slammed a hand on my back as I entered the locker room. "Good job yesterday. Beat the districts record for quickest pin in a match!" His usually dull gray eyes were light with excitement. He removed his hand from my back and quickly tucked into his office.

Moments later, he came back out carrying a well-sized cardboard box with my name written on it, spelt out on sloppy black lettering. I raised my eyebrows as he thrust the box into my hands. "What's this?"

"A gift. My way of saying well done, kid."

I tore open the flaps of the box without hesitation, eager to discover what was waiting for me. I reached inside with shaky hands and pulled out my the object.

"A letterman jacket?! Are you messing with me?" A goofy grin spread across my lips.

"No, now put it on and go to lunch. the team is probably wondering how to use a fork without you there." He teased lightly before leaving for the comfort of his office once more.

I shrugged on the jacket, the heaviness of the material a comfortable weight. My grin grew as I stepped into the gym and then out into the hallway. Excitement bubbled inside of me the closer to the lunchroom.

As I pushed open the heavy metal doors, my smile grew. My eyes landed on that of Erik Kingston. He was the arrogant captain of the football team. He was the biggest player in the entire school. Even now, as he sat at his usually spot chowing down a hamburger, cheerleaders crowded around him and swooned.

More STDs for him. I laughed to myself as I brushed past him.

"Hey, someone finally got there jacket. Too bad I got mine last year." Erik smirked as he eyed my letterman.

It took everything in me to not punch him square in the jaw right then and there.

"Look who finally learned to speak a complete thought. Good for you." I growled as I shuffled forward to my own table.

"Hey guys." I grinned again as I sat at the head of our table. They guys looked up from their food as they heard my voice.

The group greeted me with various chants and hollars as I took my seat and Martin, my best friend, slid me a slice of pizza.

"Whoa dude," someone choked out through a full mouth. "Is that a letterman?"

I nodded towards the group. "Mine now." I looked back to find Erik still smirking over at me. Dammit.

"Man." I ran a hand through my short brunette locks in frustration. "Kingston pisses me off. He thinks his shit smells like roses and he is a gift from God himself." I huffed out a breath before shoving the point of my pizza into my mouth.

"Well, there is always a way we can get back at him you know." Martin's words were greeted by various chuckles and devilish smiles. "Are you boys thinking what I'm thinking?"

"A dare." The entire team shouted in unison.

I rolled my eyes at their shallowness. "How would a dare help out with this one?"

Martin rose carefully from his seat and moved to stand behind me. "Well, as we all know, nothing pisses off the infamous Erik Kingston and his pack of idiotic footballers, than when people mess with his precious little sister. Eleanor Grace Kingston is none other than the schools biggest social outcast. What better way to piss of Mr. Jock than by adding his sister to the pot ans mixing things up a bit."

The idea of what he was getting at began to circulate within my thoughts; growing more appealing with every second that passed.

"What are you saying, M?" I raised ny eyebrows, wanting him to confirm my thoughts.

He shifted to retake his seat, placing his open hand on the table on front of me. "I dare you to make Eleanor Kingston fall in love with you." He smirked as though he was the biggest genius on the planet.

"Seriously? How is that even a challenge? Any girl would melt gesturing to my torso.

"So is that a yes?"

I reached out and shook his hand. "A piece of cake."