ayyy its pride month

((Ayyyyyyy. It's your favorite biromantic ace. Comin at you with some pride drawing. I didn't finish the rest, but I'll show it later. For now, I shall dedicate a short story to my best OC, Nate. The guy on the far left.))

What?

     "What?" I repeat. Ryan fidgets nervously. He fiddles with his cross necklace, swinging it back and forth. He mutters under his breath again, red blooming all over his face.

     I put my hand on his shoulder, "Whatever it is, I won't get mad at you. I've known you for what? Ten years now?" I huff out a laugh as Ryan shakes his head. He gives me a kind smile and brushes my hand off of his shoulder.

     Ryan takes a deep breath, still maintaining eye contact. "Nataniel Ayala." I stifle a laugh at his terrible accent, but he's being serious, so I keep quiet.

      "Yes. I've known you for 10 years. And for those years, I've been helping through a serious problem. You've finally overcome it. It's no longer a major problem. And over these years, I've learned about you and myself."

       He licks his lips his eyes flicker away from mine. "I um . . . learned that . . . that . . ." He stutters, wringing his hands.

       I take his hands in mine. His eyes glance at our intertwined hands. His blush deepens. I know what he's going to say, I'm not stupid. But he needs to say it. If there's anything that he taught me, it's that feelings need to be spoken aloud. "Take your time." I say quietly.

      He scans over my eyes, probably looking for any negative emotion. He groans loudly. He yanks his hands away from mine and use them to cover his face. "Why is it so hard?" He yells angrily into his palms.

     "I can always write it down." I suggest.

     He waves his hand absentmindedly at me, "No, no. It'd be better verbally." He leans against my counter top and twirls his necklace. He usually does that when he's thinking. It's . . . cute.

     His hazel eyes meet mine again, "How about I just blurt it out? Rip it off like a bandage. I'll skip all the sappy stuff."

     I nod.

     He slaps his hands together in false excitement. "Great." He takes a step towards me, " Nate. My friend. My companion. My . . ." He inhales sharply.

     "Crush." He pouts, "Essentially." He adds.

      I open my mouth to speak, but he cuts me off, "I know you're probably upset. Angry. And you have a right to be. But let me explain first."

     He plops down on the couch and gently pats the cushion next to him. Naturally, I join him.

     "I can't exactly pinpoint the moment I felt attracted to you. It was slow. But I do remember questioning myself. I would be angry at the fact that I wanted to brush your hair, or compliment your appearance. I would be frustrated when you were sad. Because I want to see you smile. I . . . like your smile and your laugh. I was sad because I don't want to lose your trust."

     Ryan kept rambling and I continued nodding every once and a while. Eventually he ended his speech with, "I really like you Nate. I really do."

     He looked at me, desperate for a response. But I can't seem to give him one. I look away and think about it. He sighs.

     Do I like Ryan? I've never given it much thought. I mean, I knew I was into guys, but Ryan? He's cute, and I like his freckles. I try to count them occasionally, I like his short cropped hair, it's very soft. He's kind. He takes his time trying to understand me. He's patient with me. And he makes me smile and laugh. Maybe I do love him. Maybe I don't. It's too early to dictate love.

     But I'm willing to give him a chance at like.

     I look at Ryan and give him a smile. "I like you too. "

     Ryan laughs, "Y-You're not joking? You're serious? Dead serious?"

     I nod, "Dead serious."

     Ryan grins, "Can I hug you?" He asks, his arms wide open already.

     I chuckle, "Sure." Before I know it, I'm trapped in a bear hug. I can hear Ryan muttering, "I'm so happy."

     Ryan let's me go and gently plants a kiss on my forehead. "I'm so unbelievably happy right now."

     I smirk as I give Ryan a small peck on his temple. "Well you happy makes me happy."

And a quick doodle of them because they're adorable.