Chapter 6

Heya, guys! 375 READS!!! OH MY WORD!! O.O I have a pic for the front cover, I just need to edit it! ^.^ So don't stop reading just because the cover is boring!!! :'( ... So, anyways, God bless!

~DelicateClay

Chapter 6

     A light snow falls softly outside of my window. It's November first, and we're lucky that the snow has held off this long. I wear a soft blue pair of pencil jeans and a warm, baggy pullover. I finally managed to get my hair in a french braid (it took a while... the OCD effects everything). My suitcase is packed, and today I will be going away until December. I'm going to Barkbrow Regional Treatment House.

     I glance at my new medication. It's called "Zoloft", and it seems to be helping. There is only one side effect that I've noticed: I'm not hungry. My Mom makes sure that I eat regular portions at regular times, so that I don't lose too much weight or get weak. I zip up my suitcase and drop it by my door. I walk to my rose-colored chair and sit down. I watch the snow as I remember the past few days.

     Jesse and I have been hanging out more often. I've become increasingly more popular, actually. It's all because I'm friends with Jesse. Otherwise my "friends" would avoid me like the plague. I still firmly believe that I, and I alone, was responsible for Cody's death. You couldn't even begin to count how many times people have told me it wasn't my fault. That I'm not to blame. Even Cody's family doesn't think that I killed him. They think it was an accident, they think that a guy ran a red light.

     I drape my warm quilt over my shoulders. It's hard to believe what's right anymore. Is the OCD warnings, or is it lies? Is it my conscience trying to let me know my sins, or a disease trying to destroy my life? Either way, it's doing both. I look towards my door as I hear a knock.

     "Come in!"

     Jesse walks in and sits in my other chair, "Hey, Rose."

     "Hey, Jess."

     "Jess?" Jesse raises an eyebrow.

     "Don't like nicknames?" I say, smiling.

     "As long as I can call you one, Rosie," He says, sticking out his tongue.

     I shake my head, and then gesture to my tea kettle and pot, "Would you like some tea?"

     He looks at me strangely, "You have a kettle in your room? And a tea set?" He says, as if just noticing the china on the little table between us.

     "In case you haven't noticed, I like Victorian things," I pour some hot water over a summer-berry tea bag in a cup, and then hand it to him. I add a teaspoon of honey to mine.

     I stare out at the snow as I drink my tea. As strange as it is to say this, I think that I will miss Jesse. He's the only friend, besides Cody, that I've had in years. All the girls avoid me, but that's okay. I just need one true-blue friend, and I'll be fine.

     "Hey, Rosie," Jesse calls me back to earth.

     "Yeah?" I say, through my tea cup.

     "I got you something for your stay at the House." Jesse is the only person, besides my mom and teachers, who knows where I'm going.

     Jesse reaches into his backpack and hands me a small clay angel. It looks handmade.

     "Did you make this?" I whisper, taking in the intricate carvings of the wings and the swirling patterns of her skirts.