Chapter 60 Sappy Love Songs And A Cucumber

Hello Lovelies, 

Here you go. Here is the next chapter to this book. 

Enjoy!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

          "Haru." Yongguk placed a palm over his forehead and scrunched up his brows. "Can we-" He managed and pointed at the doors leading to the garden. Haru held his left arm and steered him away from the jumping seniors. The dance started slowly, but after three slow songs the DJ promptly changed the style of music in order to bribe a few more students onto their feet. Mainstream, loud, annoying music blared out of the speakers so loudly, it made Haru's ears ring. She couldn't imagine how much damage was being caused to Yongguk. 

          Haru closed the doors firmly behind her to keep the noise inside and guided Yongguk far away and sat him down on the stone bench. The garden wasn't big but it was secluded and much quieter than inside. The bushes and trees were lined with softly glowing fairly lights which gave the entire garden a very romantic vibe. Yongguk bent over, covering his ears for a few minutes and Haru waited for him to recover. When he finally sat back up, he turned to Haru. "Thank you."

          "What for?" She asked, Yongguk pulled out a pair of earphones and offered one to her, 

          "For bringing me out," He glanced at her with a lop sided smile before flicking through the list of songs.

          "That's it?" Haru asked jokingly and popped the earbud into her ear. "There should be more gratitude coming from you."

          "Thank you for... for welcoming us into your home and letting us eat your food and treating us like equals." Yongguk's slender fingers inched closer to Haru's folded hands. "Thank you for accepting us into your life, thank you for not giving up on us, thank you for being yourself."

          Yongguk squeezed Haru's hand and laced his fingers in between her's. He watched their intertwine hands in fascination. "You are the epitome of beauty. Never in my two thousand, nine hundred and ninety five years of age did I think I'd find a female as perfectly imperfect as you."

          "You sure know how to make a girl feel special." She chuckled, Yongguk stood up and put her arms around his neck and his hands on the curve of her bare waist. The song started with a simple jazz piano instrumental, then a singer with an wonderfully deep and husky voice started singing charmingly. 

          Heaven, I'm in heaven

          and my heart beats so that I can hardly speak, 

          and I seem to find the happiness I seek,

          When we're out together, dancing cheek to cheek.

          Haru beamed at Yongguk's choice of song, she had recognized the song by the end of the first verse, it was an old song sung by Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong. Yongguk took the chance to kiss her forehead as they moved back and forth, swaying to their own music. 

          "To heaven, I'm in heaven." Haru sang softly along with Ella Fitzgerald, her voice was clear and sweet, "And my heart beats so that I can hardly speak." 

          "And I seem to find the happiness I seek, when we're out together dancing cheek to cheek." Haru couldn't keep the smile off her face even if someone tried to wipe it off. 

          "Cheek to cheek..." Yongguk joined in with his signature baritone voice. His left cheek rested gently against her left and he held her tighter, enveloping her with his body. The song ended and another began with another slow song. "Frank Sinatra," Haru thought to herself and a warmth spread from her chest to the tips of her fingers and toes. Was she drunk? If so, she was drunk from Yongguk's euphoric love.