6

When I woke up, Ashton's arms were still wrapped around my waist. Ashton was awake and he smiled when he saw my eyes open.

"Good morning beautiful!" Ashton said and I giggled.

The boys had a day off so we - or at least I - slept in a but later than usual.

"Morning Ash, did you sleep well?" I asked.

"How could I not when you were right next to me?" he replied.

"You're so cheesy." I giggled.

We finally stood up from the bed and made our way to the hotel since we had slept in the tour bus.

After we had both eaten breakfast, we watched tv shows. After watching about three episodes I decided to go shower.

"Where are you going Em?"

"Relax, I'm going to take a shower."

"Oh okay." I saw his smile falter a bit and I couldn't comprehend why.

I unlocked my phone to listen to radio while I took a shower.

Ashton had bought me a phone yesterday after I told him that the taxi man had stole it.

When I looked at the date I realized that I hadn't even noticed that the Fourth of July had already past. It was now the seventh of July.

The seventh of July.

Crap. I completely forgot it was Ashton's birthday. I hadn't even kept track of what day it was so I didnt realize.

Maybe that's why his smile fell down a bit.

I'll say happy birthday after I bathe.

After I took a shower I changed into casual, comfortable clothes.

When I was about to go find Ashton and say happy birthday , Michael stopped me.

"Hey, did you say happy birthday to Ashton yet?" Michael asked.

"No, I was just about to though."

"Oh good because Calum, Luke and I were planning to let him think we forgot and then we'll throw him a party. We wanted to ask you to pretend too?"

"But isn't it a bit harsh? He looked so sad when I didn't say anything."

"C'mon Emma, please. Ashton won't get angry with you, he loves you."

"I guess...sure, why not."

"Great! You have to take him out somewhere, without telling him you know about his birthday though. Just go on date while we organize the party and everything. We are going to have the party at the hotel, we'll text you everything. Okay?"

"Okay."

Michael disappeared to someplace, I assume to speak with Calum and Luke.

I walked to the back of the bus to find Ashton still sitting where I had left him. Acting as if I forgot about his birthday pains me. No one I care about has ever forgotten my birthday and I guess it must feel terrible.

I acted casual and took a seat next to him.

He looked at me with sad eyes but he did not say anything.

"We should go somewhere today."

His eyes lit up a bit and i think he thought we were going because of his birthday.

"What's the occasion?" he asked.

"Nothing, i just feel as if we haven't been able to go out together for a long time." This wasn't completely a lie, we haven't gone anywhere together lately.