Chapter 12

Virat's POV

Me and Anushka returned from your honeymoon yesterday. It was fun, you know in which way. Though Anushka had stayed at my home in which I live with my mom and my brother's family she was very nervous. Today my team mate and good friend Shikhar Dhawan along with Yuvraj Singh came home to meet us .

"So cheeku, had a fun honeymoon?" Shikhar asked, wiggling his eyebrows. I glared at him. And when he didn't budge I smaked him on his head.

The door suddenly burst open and in came my sister along with her husband glowing more than usual. Is there something I am unaware of?

"How was the honeymoon man?" asked jeeju (brother in law). "It was good. Am I missing out on?"

They both just looked at each other smilingly "We're gonna have a baby!!" WOAH. I am so happy for them. Me and Anushka congratulated them and then Anushka went out to attend a call.

"Sooooo..." Yuvraj said, smiling creepily. I sighed. He and Shikhar have been doing it for last 15 minutes. I have been ignoring them but they just don't stop.

"What do you want?"

"We were just wondering if we are going to become uncles soon." He said hurriedly but I still caught it. I could feel my face getting hot. I smacked his head "Go away this instant."

"I am just asking cause you know you guys are all close and stuff." He continued. "Do you want to get hit or something?" I snapped at him.

He threw both his hands in a surrender position and said "I was just asking cause Shikhar over heard bhabhi saying something about being pregnant to her mom"

My heart nearly stopped after hearing that.

Anushka. Pregnant.

My Anushka.... Pregnant?

OH MY GOD

Wait.

But I used protecting.

I used condoms every single time.

How can she be pregnant?

Why didn't she tell me?

Oh god, we're not even ready yet.

"Cheeku! Virat!" My jeeju shook me and that took me out of my trance. "Huh....... Are you sure she said that?" I asked him.

"Yes, why? It is yours right?" Shikhar's words angered me. I slapped his head. "If she is pregnant, of course its mine!"

"I just asked cause you looked shocked like if it isn't possible at all" he explained.

My head is going to burst "I don't understand, we used protection"

"Protection doesn't work always. I don't mind being an uncle to be honest" he said. Okay he isn't helping at all.

"OH MY GOD, ANUSHKA'S PREGNANT. My kid will have a kid of the exact same age to play with!!" Di yelled. While returning to the room.Wait when did she leave. Nonetheless I have to ask her to stop shouting.

"Stop yelling!"
"OH YES! THEY WILL BE BEST FRIENDS"

Soon came the choruses and me not being able to explain to anybody that I didn't know about it myself. Honestly, I have mixed emotions. I mean I want to become a father someday, but not so soon! I'm still young, loving my life right now. A baby was just a farfetched idea. I was tormented by hugs and kisses and blessings and how 'It's a little early but its good'

Then the women of the hour came in looking as clueless as ever but beautiful nonetheless. Everybody left me and ran to her. She saw the commotion and you could see the look of panic on her face as everybody literaly ran to her. She was treated with the same ritual. She was hugged, kissed and given blessings. "What the hell Anushka! I would hit you but in this state, I can't. I am so happy for you but mad too! This is such a big news and you didn't tell me?!" Di ranted and yelled.

"Wha-what is happening? What did I hide? What state?" Anushka asked, looking extremely tiered and confused.

"Stop acting now! We know!" Di said. "Know what?" Anushka was getting irritated now. You could see it.

"That you are pregnant!" my mum said. Anushka's eyes widened. "Pregnant? Who?"

"You!" Di snapped. "Me? I'm NOT pregnant. Who told you I was?" she exclaimed. "I over heard Virat saying it to rest of the boys" Di said.

"I'm not pregnant! Virat what are they saying?"

"So I don't have a grandbaby!?"

"You're not pregnant?"

"For the hundreth time, I'M NOT PREGNANT! I would know if I was!"

"EVERYBODY SHUT UP!" I yelled. I looked at Anushka, "Are you sure you'er not pregnant?" "I'm sure! I am not!"

"But Yuvi and Shikh- YUVRAJ AND SHIKHAR!"

So they were just trying to pull my leg. This whole stupid prank thing left me with a lot of relief after an episode of anxiety, my sad that she isn't a grandmother, Jiju amused, Di nonchalant, Yuvraj and Shikhar with bruises and Anushka, embarrassed and tiered. After an awkward meal, we all retired to out rooms.

As we laid on our bed I said "First day and all this drama".

She turned around to face me and kept her head on my chest. She giggled and said, "It was fun though"

I chuckled and hugged her. "Ready to start a new phase of life with me?"

She smiled and nodded,"Never been more ready"

................................................................................................................................................................

Author's note

Hope you guys liked it. Do Vote and comment!

Love ya! xoxo