11 || Torith

"All right. I think that's the last of them," Raven grunts as she helps Darius toss one of the last unconscious Marauders into the brig. Like the outside of their craft, the walls, ceilings, and floors inside the room are jet black and non-reflective. Only thin lines of pulsing red help the three find their way through the enclosed compartment. Once the two teens are out, Raven presses a button outside of the brig, summoning a shimmering light-yellow energy barrier to cover the entrance. It's translucent enough to be seen through, making it easy to keep track of the prisoners.

"You're going to be safe here by yourself?" Nicholas asks as he moves to follow her back to the boarding tube. "You're sure they're not going to get out?"

"I think someone as strong as R'rith might be able to break the locks, but the force-field should keep him at bay. It's pure energy. The more he hits it, the more he'll just get hurt." Raven says as she climbs down a ladder leading to the jet bridge that connects the two ships. "Alright, well, if you guys don't have any more unnecessary questions, I guess this is where we part ways."

"Wait," says Nicholas, climbing down after her. "Why don't you come on board and say hello to the others? I'm sure they'll want to meet you."

Darius glances at him. "Are you sure about that?"

"I think she's earned our trust, no? I'm sure everyone will be thrilled to see another Human out here."

Clapping her hands together, Raven turns to walk across the boarding tube. "Fine, but you two really need to learn to whisper more quietly when you're talking about someone," she smirks, reaching hands out to ruffle the heads of both teenagers. "I could hear you two miles away." While Nicholas smirks and takes it, Darius swats lightly at her hand in annoyance.

Exiting the boarding tube a few minutes later, the group finally arrive at the caveship through one of the maintenance doors and make their way to a section of the ship with an archway that signals they've reached the cockpit area. The door to the bridge opens on their approach, and immediately, everyone inside turns their heads and their attention to the newcomers. Sarah and Sophia are first to approach, a mixture of awe and curiosity on their faces as they look at Raven and what she's wearing.

"Whoa," Sophia says, analyzing the body armor. "We saw what you did to R'rith on the monitors. That was pretty wild. I bet he's going to be really mad when he wakes up."

"Yeah, well, he had it coming. Imagine his frustration when he realizes he's going to be locked in solitary confinement for the rest of his days," Raven says, looking over the teenagers, examining them closely.

"Hello!" Tah-Kuell says as he wanders into the room from the hallway. "Always a pleasure to meet a new friend. I am Tah-Kuell. Welcome aboard." As he approaches the group and extends a hand toward her, Raven takes a step back, eyes narrowed, a spiteful look clear on her face as if his presence was offensive. "You didn't tell me you had a Grey on board."

"Tah-Kuell here helped us out," Sarah says, moving in closer to him as a defensive gesture.

"Is that a problem?" Nicholas says, bewildered.

There's a quiet, albeit tense, moment as Raven sizes up the alien in front of her, before she turns her attention to Nicholas and Darius, her facial features softening considerably. "As long as you keep that thing on a tight leash, no, there won't be a problem."

"Hey, he's our friend!" Sophia calls out, visibly upset at her treatment, stepping alongside Sarah to physically protect him. "What's your deal?"

Raven seems annoyed for a moment by Sophia's outburst but soon relaxes, closing her eyes. "I believe I was promised payment for my actions?" She opens her eyes and turns to Darius and Nicholas again. "If you don't mind giving me what you promised, I'll be out of your way as soon as that's done."