21 || Division 8

The groan of aged shock absorbers echoes through the forest as Vincent pulls his vehicle off the country road he'd been driving on for what seemed like miles. Through the foliage, it's impossible to see, but the dirt road slowly merges into freshly paved concrete that signals he's arrived at the entrance to a military base. The paving is only just wide enough to comfortably fit a single vehicle, demanding a bit more attention to stay on the winding road as it unfolds at a shallow angle that his vehicle somewhat struggles against. As the trees start to thin, Vincent spots a large grey building in the distance, surrounded by guard-posts and barbed wire fencing.

Slowing to a stop at the gate, Vincent rolls down the window by hand, pulling a keycard hanging off his neck and pressing it to the black pad outside the window. Automatically the gate opens for him with a buzzer, allowing him to pull his vehicle in. A few lines have been set into the concrete clearly meant for cars to park. Only a single space has been taken by a familiar brown van, perhaps the only vehicle in hundreds of miles older than Vincent's. Rolling up next to the van, Vincent stops and climbs out of his vehicle; he considers locking the door, but shrugs it off figuring that no-one would likely go rifling through what little he has in there.

The building itself is relatively unassuming on the outside; a boring grey, with a flat roof. A big '8' is painted on the front in black, the only real feature that stands out. Anyone on the outside would assume it was probably privately owned, perhaps an unimportant warehouse due to its secluded location and bland exterior. The front of the building is also home to a metallic door, with a single light shining over it. There's also a garage door, also metallic, likely made of aluminum, though much wider and taller than any traditional garage door.

Like the gate before it, there's a single black pad on the side of it meant for a keycard. Vincent approaches it cautiously and with an eyebrow raised. Pressing his keycard to it, it unlocks audibly, allowing him to open it. He steps inside, closing the door as he enters, which immediately locks behind him with whirring mechanism. As one would expect from a newly erected building, the inside of it is mostly empty, except for some crates stacked upon more crates, and some desks and chairs. Several of the crates have already been opened, with packing peanuts strewn about the floor in a scattered trail leading across the room to a desk already setup. On the wall, numerous computer monitors have been placed that almost look precariously hung, and sitting nearby are two familiar faces.

"About time you got here, Vince. Took you forever." Don turns his electric wheelchair to face his old friend. "Thought you got lost. I gave you perfect directions."

"Didn't exactly have any trouble finding this place, the ol' girl just doesn't handle these kinds of roads that well anymore," Vincent responds, raising an eyebrow as he realizes that Don has a completely new wheelchair. "Who paid for that?"

"The tax payers did." Don chuckles, looking over at the man standing next to him. "Vince, this is Michael Hagan. The guy that the suits chose to keep an eye on us."

"Yeah. I know." Vincent lifts a hand to scratch at his own neck idly. "We've met. How's your jaw, Mikey?"

"Fuck off." Michael sneers, turning around to start working on hanging up another monitor. "How many of these things do you even need?"

"As many as I can get," Don responds, giving Vincent a knowing smirk. "Michael here's been helping me get setup. We've got a lot of work to do to get this place looking like home. Hopefully you plan to help."

Chewing his bottom lip, Vincent mulls it over. "Once I've got some coffee in me, sure."

"Jesus. I know your undying obsession with coffee, so I had Michael set up a coffee machine and brew you some. Should still be hot." Don motions over near the garage door, where upon a table sits a simple coffee pot, with some cream and sugar left out, already open and waiting. "Our potential new hire should also be here soon, too."