Stucky (Marvel Fanfiction)

COURAGE

Warning - Mentions of abuse

"Come on, Buck. What's the worst that could happen?"

"What's the worse that could happen? What do you mean what's the worse that could happen? You know why I joined the military to begin with."

They had been going on like this for hours. Steve and Bucky had been dating secretly for a while now. Steve was now attempting to convince Bucky to come out to the team. Bucky was gay, Steve was bi. Steve had come out when he found out that Tony was as well.

"Buck, Love, this isn't the 40's anymore. There is a pride parade downtown tomorrow."

"No, no way Steve. I am not going."

"Okay, one step at a time."

Bucky was abused. Her parents hated him for being gay. It was wrong in the 1940's. Steve's mom loved him no matter what. James Buchanan Barnes, however, wasn't that lucky. This was hard for him. Steve knew that, after all. He was Buck's only friend in the 1940's.

"They will hate me."

"No they won't Buck. You know that. They aren't like them." Bucky shivered.

He joined the military as an escape them. He never told anyone else. When Hydra took him, he forgot. It rushed back to him all at once. there was no escape from the abuse and PTSD that came with it.

"Please Buck. I will be with you the whole time." Steve grasped his hand.

Bucky sighed deeply and squeezed Steve's hand. "Anything for you, Stevie."

They walked hand and hand into the lounge. All the Avengers were there.

"G-guys." Bucky's voice shook. They all looked up. "I-I'm... I... I'M GAY"

There was a moment of silence. Then there were cheers.

"Finally. I knew you would end up together." Tony said smirking. "Nice catch, Capsicle."

They all smiled and talked for the rest of the night. No one was mad, no one questioned it. They all accepted him.

All he had to do was have COURAGE.