Chp.2

~Artemis~
She stood in front of his door. She lifts her hand up and knocked on the door. She heard him saying come in. She open the door and walked in. She closed the door behind her. She looked at him as he wrote something down on a piece of paper that was on his desk. He looked up at her and he leaned back in his chair.

"Artemis, please take a seat we have something important to discuss." He said.

She stared at him and she slowly walked up to his desk. She slowly sat down in the chair. She leaned back, trying to get comfortable.

"What do we need to discuss about?" She ask looking around the room to see books on shelves, a phoenix, the room was very dark looking.

"Can I see your wand?" He ask and she shot a questioning gaze.

"Sure..." she reach into her robes and pulled it out before handing it to him. "Here."

He took it into his hand and looked at it carefully before smiling. "The good old days. I remember wielding it when I was your age. Artemis this wand you have is very powerful. Use it carefully." He said handing it back to her.

She grabbed it from his hands. "So your the one that used to wield it?" Dumbledore nodded his head.

"Artemis the thing I want to talk to about is very important. You must listen carefully so you won't fail."

She nodded her head as she crosses her arms and legs, getting serious. "Alright, I'm listening."

"You know about the Philosopher Stone?"

She nodded her head. "An alchemy stone that can turn metal to gold and makes someone immortal. You and Nicholas Flamel over look the stone." She then realized something. "You have it don't you?"

He nodded his head. "I want you to look after it. And you-know-who will try to take it."

"You mean Voldemort's followers?"

"You're very brave for saying his name."

"I have to."

He sighed. "I know you have to. You are just like your father. I know this task may be difficult but I trust that you can handle it. But Artemis, you are young so please be careful. I don't want the heir of the Scorpius family to die ."

"Understood. But as you say I am the heir and it's my duty as the heir to fulfill my missions." She says.

He smiles at her and nodded his head. "I know you will. I heard that you and Mr. Potter made it on the Gryffindor quidditch team. I can't wait to see what you got."

"I can't wait to play." She said. "Would you mind showing me where the stone is?" She asks.

"I see why not. But I suggest we get going before the class ends." He says getting up.

"Oh, can you tell Professor Snape that I was not skipping class." She says standing up.

"I already sent him a notice." He said walking to the door.

"Thank you, Professor."

"Dumbledore is fine, Artemis. Your dad and I are great friends." He said as he stopped at the door. "Well, are you coming?" He asked and she nodded her head before walking towards him.

Dumbledore lead her down a flight of stairs. The light source was the lantern in his hand. She thought of doing lumos but decided against it.

"We're taking a different path so we don't activate the traps I set to protect the stone." He says as she nodded her head.

They arrived at a dark old door. Dumbledore open it and walked in. She saw the stone in the middle of the huge room. She looked around the room then back at the stone before turning on her heels and started walking back up the stairs.