Chapter 18

"You gonna be alright?" Taylor said once she was packed and ready to go.

Offering a pathetic smile, I nodded. I hadn't done much of anything but sit on my bed and cry since Dean and I broke up yesterday. I really did need to pack a few things though. At least I managed to show up to my last two finals, though I wouldn't be surprised to learn that I failed them.

"You're going, right?" she seemed hesitant to leave me.

"Yeah. I'll call Ben once I'm able to move to do something."

She gave me a sympathetic smile. "Alright. Have a good break."

"You too."

Still not seeming too sure about leaving me like this, she grabbed her bag and left. Once she was gone, I continued to stare at nothing, and just think.

I should probably call Ben and, at least, find out what time he wanted to leave. I was so nervous about being around him now though. Which was kind of strange since I could finally have what I always wanted.

But I was a little scared of actually getting it.

I didn't care to look at the clock, so I didn't have any idea how long I sat there before I heard the knock on the door. Instinctively, I knew it was Ben, and for a second, I just stared at the door, nervous to move to open it.

But of course, I couldn't avoid him forever. Sucking it up, I got off the bed and went to let him in.

"Hey," he said, when I pulled open the door.

"Hey," I answered, barely able to smile at him.

"I just wanted to see when you'd be ready to go."

We did need to decide that, but that was easily something we could have texted. I raised an eyebrow and he laughed.

"Alright, that's only part of the reason," he admitted.

Smiling a little, I moved so he could come in. Once he stood inside the room, he really looked at me before seeming sad, understanding what must have happened.

"I'm sorry, Becks," he said, pulling me into his arms as I started crying.

"No, you're not," I mumbled, clinging to him.

"I am," he said. "I'm sorry you're hurting."

That I could believe, at least. As much as he didn't want me to be with Dean, he wouldn't enjoy this part.

It was a while before I could stop crying. When I did, I pulled away and wiped my face.

"Sorry," I said, going to grab a tissue.

"Don't apologize."

I offered a small smile and he just watched me for a minute before glancing around the room.

"You still wanna go home, right?" he joked.

"Yeah," I said. "Just didn't feel like doing much today. It'll only take me a few minutes to pack though." I grabbed my duffel bag from under the bed.

"There's no rush," he said. "We can sit for a little while, if you want. It was pretty crazy when I was out there anyway. Might be easier to wait."

"Okay." Sitting with him actually sounded really good right now.

We got comfortable on my bed. Ben put his arm around me and I leaned my head on his shoulder.

"Do you want to watch a movie or something?" I asked. Taylor's t.v. wasn't very big, but I didn't want him to be bored.