little details

gif above is the face claim for Toni.

KYLIA

I hate hotel rooms. They are stuffy and bland and I hate them. So naturally I find myself locked up in one with posted guards at the door who won't even let me order room service. It's the little things in life, you know? And room service is one of those things. 

The thing is, I can't even be mad at Matteo for having me locked in this room, because I know I shouldn't have looked through those files. Given I didn't think I was gonna get caught, but I knew the risks if I did. And I was found out so that doesn't leave me many options. Might as well just grin and bear it. 

I've just flopped onto my back on the bed when I hear muffled voices and then the door opens. In steps a guy who looks like he could be a stoner, but keeps it together and gets shit done. He has a very laidback walk and his shoulders slump down, relaxed, though he keeps a straight posture. Walking over to the little kitchen with a dining table, he grabs one of the chairs and drags it over, flipping it around and sitting on it backwards. He throws me a small smile. 

"Hello, man I have never met," I greet him. 

He lifts an eyebrow. "You seem rather chipper for someone who's being kept in a hotel room."

I shrug. "I mean yes, I do have places to be and things to do, but I did also invade your privacy - which may I say seems like very serious business that I'd rather not be a part of."

"That would be correct. I'm Toni by the way." He holds his hand out for me to shake and I silently curse my genetics of sweaty palms. Regardless, I shake his hand because I do have manners, thank you.

"So... did you need something? Not to sound pompous but you already have me locked in a room." Was he just here for a chit chat, get-to-know-you ice breaker type thing? Or was he just gonna sit there with me. Not that I mind the company.

He huffs out a chuckle. "We're waiting for Matteo. He has a few questions for you and I'm sort of like his... personal assistant? Secretary? I'm not really sure what to call it considering the circumstances."

"And what would those be exactly?" I pry.

He shakes his head and smirks. "You, my dear, are not privy to that information."

The door opens again and we both look to our new guest. Matteo may be a criminal, but damn does that button up look good on him. The deep purple offset his light, olive skin and drew attention to his icy blue eyes. I give my head a little shake and try to focus on the situation at hand. 

"Do I get to go home?" My mouth decides to vomit some words out. 

Matteo shoves his hands into the pockets of his black slacks (which, because they are men's slacks, his hands and some of his wrists are covered) and takes a deep breath. "That depends."

I narrow my eyes and glare at him. "Depends on what, exactly?"

"On what you found and what information you're willing to give me."

"'Kay. Shoot." This wouldn't be that hard. I didn't see that much from the folders. 

"Is your father Brian Hadley?" He lifts and eyebrow and squats a bit to be eye level with me. What the hell? Why is he asking about my dad? 

I raise an eyebrow and frown. "What? Why are- why are you asking me about my dad?"

"Well, Kylia, you are just the person we needed and you walked right into the palm of my hand without me even knowing you existed." Matteo chuckles and shakes his head just a bit. This all sounded very predatory. And if there's one thing I know, it's that I do not like being prey.