Chapter 3: Troublesome situation

I went back to my adjacent office after cooling down and had redone my makeup. If I had a choice, I would have ran home like a coward, but then again, he would pester me and threaten to sue me all over again or whatever he'd thought would keep me at bay just so I'd continue playing along with his stupid little game. I heaved a deep sigh of relief when Sally informed me that Xander already went out for an appointment with a client. I didn't even bother explaining to her why I ran like a crazy kid while crying earlier. I sat down at my desk and started doing my job not because I was scared of getting fired—I would jump for joy if that would happen, which, of course not going to happen until he'd get what he wanted—but because I needed a distraction. My mind and heart were in turmoil and I badly needed to do something to ease my mind. I skimmed the files that needed to be sorted. I also checked his appointments for the day and for next week and by looking at it, I realized he was a very busy man. I didn't bother checking everything since I was not interested, but I did check what time was the Executive meeting when I scanned his schedule for that day and saw he'd have a meeting at 4:00P.M, so I'd know what time he was going to go back so I could go to the bathroom and hide. Yeah, you could say I was a coward because that would be me. I couldn't face him yet. I needed a thorough meditation before facing that evil guy. Maybe I'd drop by my yoga class after work to blow off steam or something. I really wondered how he'd still have a time to play with me. What was his real motive? He seemed angry at me for something. I could feel it no matter how he'd hide it in his cool facade. There was something in his eyes, whenever I'd catch him staring at me. Like anger and sometimes hurt? But, why? I got quite confused. I was the one who got dumped like a slut, wasn't I? Shouldn't I be the one getting angry here, right? I sighed and debated if I should send him a message to remind him for his four o'clock meeting or not. It was just one o'clock so I'd have plenty of time to think if I should or shouldn't. Maybe I'd just say I didn't have his number which was lame since Mrs. Smith wrote everything I needed to know that would include his personal number, home address, etc.

Ugh! I'll think of an excuse later...

=====####=====

I stirred up; feeling something rough was touching my face. I slowly opened the heavy lids of my eyes and saw that someone was leaning close to me. I squeezed my eyes shut and opened them again to clear my foggy vision and my eyes widened to see Xander so close to me. Impulsively, I jumped off my chair and accidentally hit his face with my head, particularly his nose.

"Awww! What the heck, Abigail!" He hissed while covering his bloody nose.

"Oh, shit! Your nose is frigging bleeding!" I said in a panic, not knowing what to do.

"You hit it with your friggin' head, of course, it's f*ckin' bleeding! I think you broke my nose!" He spat angrily while glaring at me, who was walking back and forth in the office like some lunatic. "What the hell! Can you stop pacing around and grab me a Goddamn tissue?!"

"Huh? Tissue?" I asked like a retard and gazed at him in confusion.

"Are you an idiot?! Get me some f*ckin' tissue!" He shouted, looking exasperated while trying to stop his nose from bleeding.

"Oh! Yeah... Right!" I looked for the tissue in the drawer of my desk but there was none. I forgot that I didn't bring any except for the spices from Eloise's kitchen cupboard. I hadn't thought of staying for long in his company so I didn't bother bringing some. I peeked at the reception if Sally was there, but the reception desk was empty. It seemed everyone had gone home. I glanced at my wristwatch and saw that it was already past six o'clock. Of course, everyone had gone home. It was already late. I had slept for hours and no one woke me up. I wondered who assisted him during his meeting. Well, that was something I had no interest about. I faced him again with a crooked smile. "Um, I don't have a tissue," I whispered.