Chapter 2

"Is there anything you want me to do, Mr. Styles?" I asked, trying to keep my voice steady.

    He gave me a short glance before looking back at his laptop.

     "I guess not?" I whispered, sighing softly.

     I continued to scroll through my phone, trying to pass time. So far, Harry hasn't said anything after giving me a very warm welcome. It's my first time meeting this man, and I didn't expect him to act that way. Gemma did warn me that he can be a little annoying, but I didn't believe her because articles say otherwise, but I guess not everything you read is true, even if it's supposed to be a "trusted" site.

    I received a text message from Gemma asking how I was doing. I hesitated whether to tell her what her brother did an hour ago, but I didn't want to seem like I was already ready to leave so I lied and told everything was fine.

     "I assume Gemma is checking up on you," Harry suddenly said in a monotone voice. He gave me a mundane glance before continuing. "She probably doesn't want you quitting so early in the job."

    I nodded and somehow managed to jokingly say, "Happens a lot, sir?"

    I earned an unexpected light chuckle from him before he went back to whatever he's doing on his laptop, ignoring my presence once again.

___

     I silently watched the sunset as Harry continued to work. I felt bad doing nothing, considering the fact that I was a personal assistant who should be helping, but I couldn't interfere in what he's doing if he doesn't want me to. Eventually, he'd start ordering me around so I guess I should just wait for him.

     A few minutes passed before Harry finally closed his laptop and stretched out his arms, his eyes showing how exhausted he is. I immediately thought of buying him coffee since it helps me get rid of tiredness, I just hope the drink does the same for him.

     "Mr. Styles, do you want me to get you coffee?" I asked politely.

     He looked at me with one eyebrow raised, obviously confused with my question. "For what, Reign?"

     "You seem exhausted," I pointed out. "Coffee will help you get your energy back for a bit."

    He chuckled before gathering his things and holding them firmly. He started walking out the door and my first instinct was to follow him, grabbing my phone and wallet before doing so.

     "Coffee isn't exactly my thing, Reign." He stated, keeping his eyes in front.

     "Then what's your thing sir?"

     He didn't answer me. Not even bothering to elucidate what his "thing" was before we entered the elevator, and that's when silence took over. Neither of us dared to speak. I was right beside him, his tall frame casting a shadow over me, making me more intimidated and nervous. Elevators aren't exactly my "thing" either. They gave me so much anxiety and I'm afraid that he'll hear my rapid heart beat.

     After a minute or two of being in that small space, I mentally thanked the heavens after the doors opened, revealing the lobby with a few people walking around. I looked around while trying to keep up with Harry's pace.