Part five

A//N:S Sorry this one's incredibly short!

It wasn't until lunch the next day that Ivar saw Rune again she was walking with Erika and Grim with Ingrid in a sling. She looked absolutely angelic with the children laughing as the walked with her.
"She is an absolute miracle." Valor spoke beside him. "I nearly died when Grim was born early, she helped us to nurse him to health. He would have died. Then when Erika was born she nearly killed her mother. Poor Erik was a mess, She saved us, She saved the children. Once again with Ingrid, she's saved us all from our exhaustion. Even now my brother and our wives sleep. I haven't even seen Troy or Ase since we've arrived."
"She is very maternal." I am agreed still enchanted by the way she was able to handle the child.
"She will make an amazing mother." Valor glanced at Ivar. "I hope you don't mind my asking but... When do you plan on courting my sister?" 
"excuse me?"
"Well, She told me she planned to stay here and fight beside you. I do not perceive the relationship the two of you share as one made purely of friendship. She wouldn't even share a room with Oliver let alone his bed." Ivar looked at Valor and sighed he did not enjoy the vulnerability Rune brought out in him.
"Daddy!!!" Grim ran at Valor who pick him up with a glance at Ivar he headed into the house Erika running after them. Rune sat beside Ivar smiling kindly.
"How are you?"
"Tired."  Rune hadn't slept beside him the night before and he had found himself worried he had insulted her.
"Aye." She brushed her fingers over Ingrid's head. "Me too."
"Your brother said you had informed him of your plans to stay here with me."
"Aye."
"Are you a pirate now?"
"Sorry." She giggled. "We were playing Captains and stow-aways."
"You truly plan on leaving your home? Your Godchildren?" a blush covered her cheeks and she nodded.
"Ivar, my loyalty is yours alone."
"Why? We've only just met." She hesitated.
"I'm not entirely sure I just... I can't explain it, I just knew when I saw you on the battlefield I will fight with you to the end. I know its crazy but I feel... Things." she finished awkwardly.
"Things?"
"Things"
"Like..."
"Like tired. I'm really tired because I was up all night. I can't sleep without you anymore and I honestly feel more proud of your achievements than I do that of my brothers. I feel like I've been... Disconnected from my family. I seek you out for comfort when I am uneasy and honestly, I'm terrified." she whispered the last two words, busying herself with Ingrid to avoid Ivar confused gaze.
"Why?"
"I do not know why I feel these things Ivar. But if I am to stay with you we both must work on our communicating skills."
"Why are you scared? You are Rune the blood-crazed! You've got a banshee entire armies tremble at the sound of your name"
"You Ivar." She rose up and walked into the house as her mother called out to her. He sat on the porch frowning. She was the one person that he was sure could take him out, after a long hard fight but out none the less. Then it clicked. She was scared of the emotions he invoked inside her. She was scared just like he was.