013. Chilli

❝-i love pizza because it has a built in handle that also happens to be edible,❞

- unknown

☼ ☼ ☼

THE GAME WAS a tradition every year in Daisy's school. A tradition that she never failed to miss, not because she was some football crazy fan, or cared about most of the school's winnings. She just cared about how at half time most of the extremely hot football boys get so sweaty they take off their tops, and that's a sight that Daisy would never miss, ever.

The game was every summer, just before Prom, and was always against the school's rivals, Saint. Peter's High. Not like Daisy cared about any of the game plan, nor did she pay attention that much to be gratefully honest, but what she did know is that her school was always excited for it. Every boy in the school would play a part, and if they didn't then they are Daniel, and Thomas since they were more interested in watching Mean Girls that having to sit with delinquents all day. Jake, however, loved the sport. He remembered back in his old school how passionate he was about football, how he'd wanted a scholarship since he was just a little boy. His father use to take him to all sorts of football matches, and today was the day were his father could finally see him play.

The whole school had been done out: red, yellow and white bunting was laced throughout the halls, lockers, gym, the field and even in some classrooms, banners saying "go wild cats" were spiralled across every empty bit of wall, and almost all the girls were wearing cheerleader outfits that seemed to be two sizes too small for them.

"Don't you just love football," Heather grinned as Daisy and Lily sat beside her on the wooden table facing the field full of rearing to go teenage boys. "The sun, the boys-"

"Missing lessons," Daisy added with a wide grin. She had completely forgotten about school entirely, probably because with Jake lecturing her every time he saw her about her grades she wasn't actually doing too bad at all. Her grades were just about on a pass level which was good enough for Daisy any day of the week.

"And Sam," Lily giggled, as the boy that Daisy had tried to run away from the other day walked past shirtless revealing a very nice set of abs, and to say that Daisy did not stare was an absolute bloody lie. Daisy bit her lip, as the boy waved at them, or more directly at Daisy but Lily giggled, "Gah, he waved at me, did you just see that? He totally waved at me," She giggled.

Heather rolled her eyes, hitting the back of Lily's head to stop her from hyperventilating. "There's more important news we must address," Heather smiled evilly. Oh no, Daisy cringed, slopping down into her chair trying to magically hide. Though, of course unless she was some super, awesome wizard--which she wanted to be when she growed up-- then it wasn't going to happen.

"Please tell me you two go it on last night," Heather cried.

"We slept together, but no that was it," Daisy shrugged.

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!" Heather shouted, making both Lily and Daisy jump in surprise, "YOU HAD SEX WITH HIM!?" Heather said excitedly, making Lily laugh.

"Oh my god, no. I mean sleep. As in actually sleep, close your eyes dreaming blah blah blah, that sorta thing," Daisy said quickly, her cheeks reddening by the second as people turned to stare. She was telling the truth though, nothing actually happened between them other than falling to sleep. Jake just held her in his arms tightly throughout the whole night, and even when she murmured in her sleep he held her tighter just to check she knew he was there, always there. In the morning, they said their farewells like normal people, no kisses, no sex, no gossip. Just a farewell, and a cheeky smirk and wink off Jake.