Chapter Three

Kelly King entered her tiny, dark apartment and her foot kicked the brown manilla envelope that had been slipped under the door. After picking up the portrait sized envelope, she locked the door and decided on not turning her lights on. It was already past midnight and she should really get some sleep, at least that was what her tired muscles informed her. She slipped off her high heels with a moan of relief, and padded her way to her bedroom in bare feet.

She tossed the envelope on the bed and began to undress, ecstatic to be free of her tight dress. She grabbed a pair of sweatpants from the floor and snatched a t shirt out of her dresser. She placed her phone on her nightstand after glancing at the screen. There were no notifications, no missed calls, not that she expected to see any. Feeling like a bag of cement, she plopped down onto her bed. Opening the envelope she slid the contents out on her bed, there was one photograph and one printed sheet of paper.

She looked at the photograph first and her eyebrows went up. This woman is gorgeous! The picture had been taken from a distance and had been enlarged. The image was not the best quality, it looked grainy and slightly unfocused, but it was good enough to see how stunning the woman was. She had long jet black hair that extended a few inches past her shoulder. She had a slim face with high cheekbones, reminding Kelly of a model, or even a supermodel. Her lips were full but not overly large, and they looked pretty damn soft in Kelly's opinion. She wasn't wearing any makeup but the woman looked like she did not really need to either. This woman was a natural beauty. She had a nice long neck that Kelly found really hot, but the picture did not go past her shoulders so she was not able to see just what that neck was attached to, unfortunately. Kelly could fantasize though, but she decided it was best to try and push those counterproductive thoughts away. This was supposed to be a contract after all, not some kind of dating service. The eyes were on the small side but appeared to fit nicely for her face, her eyebrows were real and perfectly shaped. This woman was not high maintenance, which Kelly found extremely attractive. She had been with her share of 'lipstick lesbians' and 'butches' and she found herself more attracted to women who were somewhere in between the two. She wished she could make out the color of the woman's eyes but the picture quality made that impossible. Placing the picture on the bed next to her and with a sigh she looked at the other sheet.

"Sonny Moretti, short for Sonja." She murmured out loud to herself. She liked the name, Sonny seemed to fit the beautiful face in the picture perfectly. Twenty eight years old, hey she just had a birthday. "Happy belated birthday Sonny." She muttered through a smile as she looked at the picture again. A 'button' girl for the Don since she was twenty. Her father used to work for the Don until he was killed when she was twenty four. He was a hitman too. So she followed into the family business.

From some of the details about the jobs she had done, Sonny was good at her chosen profession too. Extremely good. Tony wrote a message to her along the margin of the sheet saying that Sonny prefered to hit her targets from long distance. Girl's a sniper. The note continued to say that Sonny Moretti also had some experience with close kills too, very hands on type stuff. She knows Krav Maga? Damn. This girl could fight too. Fuck. This was going to be hard. No wonder the Don is paying so much. This Sonny Moretti is a killer.

A notification flashed on her phone, it was a breaking news headline. Four men had been killed in an apartment building downtown. So far police had no suspects in custody. Shit. Four men? This had to be the handiwork of her target, Kelly reasoned.

This was going to require an absolutely flawless plan, and she was too tired to think about it now. She turned the light off and laid back on her pillow hoping she would dream of a brunette with a slim face and high cheekbones.