Chapter 21

Adalyne made me feel like I was on some sort of drug. I was getting used to the many emotions I've come to experience lately, but euphoria has yet to be one of them; until now.

After supper, we went back to our room and I took my time undressing her. I kissed every cut and scar on her back and body, then to took her to bed.

I remained gentle and never took my lips away from hers as I slowly moved my fingers in and out of her. Even as I felt her orgasm approach, I continued a slow pace with my eyes closed and kissed her softly. I wanted to show her that I meant what I said at supper and the best way I knew how, was to make real love to her in a way that I have never done with another.

She deserved nothing less.

Adalyne returned the favor and was gentle with me as well, but instead of kissing me as she made love to me, she kept her eyes trained on mine. I could see everything she was feeling as her eyes flashed with several emotions: Hunger every time she pushed inside of me. Desire when I moaned her name. Pride when I whispered words of encouragement and finally - love, when I clenched around her fingers and cried out in bliss.

She never said it, but I could definitely see it. I know, I don't deserve all of this and I certainly don't deserve her, especially for all the horrible things I've said and done to other women, but this feels like a second chance. I can't go back and erase the bad, but maybe, with Adalyne, I can redeem myself by giving her the life she deserves.

I swore to Adalyne in whispers, as she clutched the side of my stomach and snored softly on my chest, that I would give her anything she ever asked for and do right by her for as long as she will have me.

I can't realistically believe that she will stay with me for life and I don't expect her to, but I can cherish the time I do have with her and make sure she knows she's cared for, up until the day she leaves me.

Because she will, eventually.

.....

The next few days of our honeymoon were spent taking in shows, sights, museums, and even a short trip to Tule Springs. I needed to keep busy as the thoughts of Adalyne leaving me were building up in my head. My mind is my own worst enemy at times and I didn't want it ruin the marital bliss we've found ourselves in.

Adalyne was oblivious to the anxiety racking my brain and proved to be a wonderful distraction as she pulled me by the hand in different directions and squealed in delight at all the new things she came in contact with. She also began doing a new thing and I wasn't sure what to make of it, but I said nothing, as I'm sure new parts of Adalyne will continue to come out: She kept a hand on me in some way at all times and if any man got too close to her, she would lower her head and lean into me.

I know it is just a natural reaction for her because of how she was raised, but I wanted so bad to tell her she is not beneath these men. I suspected it would be hard to convince her of it, though.

I only caught Adalyne clenching her fists a few times and by the end of the week, I came to learn that I could remedy this by rubbing my thumb under one of her hip bones, or lightly running my fingers repeatedly over the skin on the lowest part of her back. She would relax immediately and once, I saw the distress in her eyes switch to desire in a matter of seconds. I loved that I was the only one on earth allowed to have that effect on her, even if it was just for now.

She also began a new habit of rubbing my hair between her fingers if I had it down, or in a ponytail, but if it was in a bun, she would rub her fingers over the hair at the base of my head where it meets my neck. She didn't seem to realize she was doing it and I figured out eventually, that it was a comfort thing for her, so I paid no mind.

Her kisses became more confident with each passing day and although she wouldn't kiss me on the lips in public, she had no problem doing it when we were alone. More often than not, she would initiate our little makeout sessions and one night, that's all we did for at least an hour before falling asleep. That particular night seemed more intimate to me than our others.

Our last night, we laid naked and face to face with each other as we fought sleep, just to hold on to the fantasy world we've been living in since we got here.

"Jazmin?" Adalyne whispered in a tired voice.

"Hmm?" I was nearly asleep when I felt her hand squeeze mine.

"What will we do when they come for me?"

That woke me up. My eyes flew open and I said in a panic, "What, Adalyne?! No, that won't happen!"

She let go of my hand and started rubbing my hair between her fingers and said, "They will. It is just a matter of time. They will come and they will try to take me from you."

I blinked back the tears threatening to fall and said, "You are my wife and even if they don't recognize our marriage as a real one - the law will. I will fight every person on this earth to keep you by my side; I swear it to you."

Her smile was even more beautiful in the light of the moon and she let go of my hair to lean in and place a desperate kiss on my lips. Her touches that followed were also desperate and at times - painful. I did not tell her, I just let her do whatever she wanted to me, because I could physically feel the fear and uncertainty in her tight grip on my skin; in her quivering kisses; in her deep and desperate thrusts, and in the way her tongue moved over my center, as if she will never taste me again. By the time she was done, I was terrified as well.

.......

I kept my spirits high on our trip back for Adalyne's sake. She still kept a hand on me, but she became more withdrawn the closer we got to home. I tried to distract her, but she would pay attention to whatever I was saying at the moment, then turn her attention back to the window. I didn't know what to do, so I moved her hand to my hair and leaned back for small nap before we landed.

It was raining when we walked out the doors of the airport and I thought of how appropriate that was for the mood we were both in. I left Adalyne under the protection of the concrete awning and went to hail a taxi. When I returned, Adalyne had moved and was standing on the sidewalk with her arms at her sides and her head tipped up; letting the rain fall on her face. She was drenched, but she had a peaceful smile on her lips, so I stood still and gave her this peace until the taxi driver started honking his horn.

I gave him a look that normally scares my students, but he obviously couldn't care less as he honked the horn again. I walked over to Adalyne and took her bags, then said, "Come on, babe. The taxi driver is getting impatient."

She snapped her head in my direction, with the look in her eyes that is reserved only for me and smiled sweetly before she started walking toward the taxi.

........

"Will I still stay in my room?" Adalyne asked as we walked through the door.

I didn't think about that. "You can stay wherever you are comfortable."

"What do you prefer?"

I groaned at the step back she took and said, "Adalyne, please, just do whatever you want."

She didn't say anything and stood still, with that fucking stoic expression on her face, so I walked over and rubbed my thumb under her hip bone and asked tenderly, "What happened between Vegas and here, Adalyne?"

Her body relaxed and she found my eyes and said, "We're home. Our holiday is over. My people are out there looking for me right now and I am someone's wife. I knew what was expected of me before, but now, I feel a bit lost as to what I'm supposed to do - for you, for our home..."

"They're not your people anymore; I am. It will be ok," I hummed and moved my hand to the small of her back, "You're free, Adalyne. The only thing I expect from you is to continue being yourself, like you were in Vegas. I love...to see you happy."

Adalyne hugged me right then and whispered in my ear, "I will share your room then, that would make me happy."

I kissed her neck and whispered back, "Our room. I don't have much, but it's all yours. Anything I can give you, anything you want or need, I will find a way."