Prologue 🙃

~Tori's POV~

Shanell

Shanell James, one of the most gorgeous women I've ever laid eyes on. Beautiful smooth dark chocolate skin. Beautiful light brown eyes that often changed when the sun took hold of them. Beautiful teeth--a smile that lightens up a dark and rainy day. Natural curly hair that never seized to amaze me with each hairstyle. And a body that women botch themselves for.

Shanell James, one of the most intelligent people I know. She wasn't the perfect 4.0 student, but she never let her GPA get lower than a 3.6. She strived for the very top and never settle for the average--the perfect student. She excelled in whatever she did, she made sure of it. She knew her strengths and worked tirelessly on her weaknesses. Tutored hundreds and hundreds of students, it was rumored that more than forty percent of the student body walked across the stage because of her.

Shanell James, my best friend. Not only was she a caring person but an honest person. She treated everyday as if it were her last and strived to make an impact on someone's life every day. She made an impact on my life years ago and I've never left her side since. She took me underneath her wings and watched me fly on my own and I've flown in her flock every since.

Shanell James, a beautiful person. One of the most gorgeous women I've ever laid eyes on, and everyone else knew it--including my fiancé.

I wonder would he think of her now, now that her eyes are blackened and with a busted lip. Blood shot red eyes and unruly matted hair.

As I watch her sit tied up in the chair, I've watched the life in her eyes dim, and the richness of her melanin fade. What would he think of her now? Would he find her attractive now? More than me?
Of course he wouldn't now.

"Why are you doing this, Tori?" She said.

She has awakened, oh goody!

I turned around to her and lift her head up with my finger. This is the first time I can say she looks less than beautiful. She doesn't look like a goddess anymore, she's average like me now and he will lose interest in her.

If she only knew.....if she only knew....

I rubbed her soft tear stained cheek, "Because you're my best friend, Shanell. I didn't want to kill you, so I had to come up with an alternative option. But don't worry, just a few more months and everything will be just like they were."

I grinned at her before I punched her unconscious. She fell to the floor hard as f**k. I think she may have hit her head. Too bad the floor is concrete.

I shrugged my shoulders and proceeded on toward the stairs.

Shanell James, the dark chocolate goddess that my fiancé adored. I had to do something! I couldn't be her, although I've tried. So I had to bring her down a few levels. I had to make her less than, like me. She'll learn to like it, she'll learn to deal with it. I had to.

Once this is all over she'll understand.
Once this is all over we'll be just fine and everything will go back to normal.

Besides,
We will always be Best Friends Forever.

🙃
COMING SOON