Chapter 1: Our First Meeting

Izzy's POV

I went straight home to my room that night. I had to convince my parents that I haven't just committed the stupidest mistake of my life. I just cried myself asleep and hoped everything will be better tomorrow.

I woke up to find that nothing has changed. I'm still a wreck, Megan is still dead and I'm still a werewolf; it's the full moon in a week and I have no clue what to do. My parents have never turned and I know no other werewolf.

I roll up to school in my car and sniffled. I look myself in the car mirror to see a girl I don't recognise. I am usually strong when it comes to my urges. I don't understand how I let go so easily. Was it because I was drunk or because I hated her?

I snapped myself out of my thoughts and decided to go to my locker. I couldn't help but to feel everyone was watching even if they ain't. I just kept on walking until I reached my locker.
I opened my locker and was going to get my books until a boy leans against the locker beside mine. Tyler Lockwood. "Why so down, Martin? Got a itch behind your ear." I froze. Does he know? I stayed quiet not knowing how to respond. "C'mon, you are acting like a dog without a bone." He said smugly. That's it!

I slammed my locker shut and stare at it. "How do you know?" I questioned. Tyler gave me a smug look. "I sensed it." He shrugged.
"You sensed it?" I asked in fake disbelief. Shaking my head I decided to walk away from him but that didn't last long when he grabbed my arm taking me outside the building. I looked around at the people to see if they can see this assault but obviously they are too busy.

He took me to his car, ignoring my threatening words. He sat me in the passenger seat as he sits in the driver seat. We sat in silence until he broke it.
"It was Megan, wasn't it?" He said softly. I said nothing in case of breaking down in tears.
"I get why you did it. A) It's hard to resist the curse and b) she's an grade A bitch." He said not so comforting.
"Am I here so you can make me feel guilty?" I choked out.
"No, the exact opposite actually." He looked at me. Then I see it. His gold eyes. "I want to help you." He admits.

I stare at him for a while. Not quite getting it.
"Why? Why do you want to help me?" I asked.
"Because I wish another werewolf helped me." Tyler admitted.
"Wait, if you're a triggered werewolf, how are you planning on helping me when you need turn?" I asked finding it stupid that he's offering help he can't give.
"There is no easy way to say this so...I'm a hybrid." He said and looked at him weirdly. "I'm a vampire-werewolf hybrid" he said again.
This time I nodded my head. "Okay." I said and a dry laugh left my lips. "I'm sorry." I laughed but I'm actually sad. "I'm sorry." I cried out, probably confusing the hell out of Tyler with my switching moods. He comforted me as I balled my eyes out.
"The funny thing is that I don't even need the strength for transformation, I need it to tell my parents. They are going to be so disappointed in me." I sobbed.
"What do you mean?" Tyler asked lightly.
"My parent, grandparents even, they all haven't triggered the curse. They are so lucky that they can fight the urge like I couldn't." I cried. "They can't know, I can't tell them." I said through my ugly screams of sobs.
"You can live with me." Tyler suggested and I tiled my head. "Really?" I asked in disbelief.
"Yeah, I mean my mother knows about the supernatural stuff so that won't be a problem." Tyler reassured. "Just leave a note saying what you had done and that you'll come back when you get the help you need." Tyler said. I sniffled and nodded. "Thank you." I whispered.
"C'mon. Let's ditch school." Tyler said as he started the engine.