Chapter 5: Full Moon Gone Wrong

Izzy's POV

It's a full moon tonight and I'm so scared. I'm constantly thinking about what it's like. What if I can't deal with it? What if the pain is so bad that I try to kill myself or something.

I was brought out of my thoughts by a knock on my door.
"Come in." I shouted.
Tyler came in with worry in his eyes.
"Are you okay?" He asked and I scoffed.
"How do you think?" I grumbled.
"Right. Stupid question. You see I don't know how to comfort anyone let alone a triggered werewolf." He said honestly and I smiled.
"You're doing great." I reassured playfully, giving his shoulder a nudge and he chuckled.
"I'm glad. Do you feel any different today?" He asked me.
"Nothing but my nervousness." I sighed.
"Hey." Tyler said gently. "It will get better." He hugged me tight reassuring me. I hug him back feeling warm and giddy.
When we finally let go of each other, we go to the grill to have some food.

We walked in and grabbed a table. We were laughing and eating, it made me forget about all of my problems. I really enjoyed myself. It was short lived when Caroline came over...with Jason. I looked at my friend confused of why he was with Caroline.
"Hey Tyler...Isobelle." Caroline greeted. She hates me for some reason. Oh yeah I slept with her boyfriend which she does not know about.
"Hey Caroline." I smiled. "And Jay." I said with confusion in my voice.
"Oh, I bumped into Caroline on the way here." He explained.
"Well. Feel free to join us." I said politely.

They both sit down, Caroline next to Tyler giving him a kiss. To say I was jealous was an understatement but I didn't show it.

After a few hours of talking, Tyler checked his phone wide eyed.
"Me and Izzy have to go." He said quickly.
I then realised the time and basically ran out of the grill.

We arrived at the Lockwood cellar and Tyler chained me up.
A hour past and I felt nothing.
"I don't feel any different." I said honestly.
"It's different for everyone. We just have to wait a few." Tyler said.
A few more hours past by.
"I still feel nothing. Is this normal?" I asked Tyler.
"I wish I could say it is but...it's not." He answered honestly.
"Do you know any werewolves that don't turn on full moons?" I asked.
"Only Hybrids. Are you sure you killed Megan?" He asked me.
"100%" I reassured. He furrowed his brows.
"Why ain't you changing?" He whispered more to himself.
"Should we go?" I asked him.
"No, I brought blankets and pillows just in case we had to stay here all night. Let's just try to get some sleep." He said as he pulled them out. Tyler left me chained up but I understand why so I don't mind. Slowly I feel myself drifting into sleep.

The next morning, I wake up nice and warm but uncomfortable. I realise that it was Tyler cuddling me and I was indeed sleeping on the floor. I wake up Tyler and he unchained me.

We walked home in silent until I broke it.
"I didn't change. Why didn't I change?" I asked Tyler.
"I don't know but I plan to find out. I'll ask Klaus." Tyler sighed. I nodded even though I hate the idea of Klaus. I trust Tyler. That's all that matters.
"To be honest, I think I'd rather go through the pain than knowing I'm a freak." I sighed.
"You ain't a freak, don't worry we'll find out why you didn't turn." He reassured.

When we get home Tyler told me to get some rest and not to panic, he'll find out why I didn't turn and I believed him because he's my friend and he cares for me. I'm still a little salty about Klaus but Tyler knows what he's doing.

I just hope he comes back with good news.