Chapter 3

"I don't believe you're the type of girl to show up in this kind of place of your own free will." Drew – Trigger – gave me a sarcastic smile. He was right, but I was a little embarrassed he could guess that. Did I really have "loser" or something printed on my forehead?

"You would be right, but now that I've been and had the burger, I think I could come back every once in a spontaneous while." My voice was still low and quiet, but it didn't shake as I stared at his face. He seemed open and willing to get to know me. I think he was amused by me, but I wasn't sure why he was talking to me.

"Can I get you another beer?" I gestured to my mostly empty glass in front of me. I shook my head.

"No, but I'll take a Dr. Pepper?" He seemed really happy with my substitution and grinned widely at me.

"I was going to get myself the same." He swiftly motioned Nick over to us and ordered the sodas.

"Do you not drink?" I asked curiously.

"Only when there's something to celebrate. And as a biker, there's not much to celebrate." He briefly glanced down at the bar before looking back up at me to see my reaction.

"That's generally my go-to I guess. If I hadn't been forced out of the house I wouldn't be here." I shrugged my shoulders and took a swig of my heavenly caffeinated drink. I could already feel myself relaxing as we settled into small talk. He was a charmer, that was certain, but he also seemed genuinely interested in getting to know me, which was a nice change. I felt like I could be myself around him.

Several hours must've passed as I noticed the crowd had thinned out and we had progressively gravitated closer to each other as we talked. We were pressed together at our sides as we talked quietly and jokingly bumped shoulders. I didn't think about Richie until I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I pulled it out and my mouth dropped open at the time and the text that Richie had just sent me,

"I got more plans for tonight with the blonde I met, have fun with biker man!"

I quickly swiveled around as Drew kept talking about his first bike. I scanned the room for Richie, and when I found nothing I was immediately furious. The idiot left me here. Stranded. With strangers. In a bar. Lord, help me not to sin, for I feel the power of hatred boiling in my veins.

"Ali, you ok?" Drew placed a hand on my shoulder as I began a panic attack. Like, full on heart clenching fear had gripped me and I couldn't breathe. This is why I never leave the apartment. I'm the weird girl who can't handle stuff.

"Alice, look at me, I'm right here." I closed my eyes and reopened them to refocus my sight on Drew who was bent over really close to my face. "I'm not going anywhere, and you're ok. You're safe."

I just continued to stare into Drew's eyes as I tried to get a hold of my breathing. I couldn't seem to do it, I started panicking even more. I couldn't breathe and so I couldn't even tell Drew to help me. He seemed to hear the silent scream in my eyes and immediately swooped me up into his chest as he made his way to somewhere else. I wasn't paying attention to anything except him.

He smelled super good, and I could feel the warmth coming from him slowly melting my stiff body. He wrapped his arms tightly around me and keeping me close to his chest. He was rubbing my back with and keeping my head under his chin with the other.

It took a little bit longer, but I was finally able to relax my breathing, and my body slumped against Drew as I loosely wrapped my arms around his waist. I faintly noted that he was just tall enough to lay his head flat on top of mine. That is one of the most attractive things ever.

"Alice?" I just slumped into him more as my relaxed body allowed the adrenaline to leave me exhausted.

"Well, this is embarrassing," I mumbled into his shoulder. He gave a shaky chuckle, so I guess he heard me.

"No worries, sweetheart. Great excuse to hold you." My blush only intensified. Was this guy for real? Like, for real? I was too exhausted to really comprehend that he was flirting after I lost all control of myself and slowly pulled myself together. Not to mention my face was still planted in his broad shoulder that smelled like something I could drown in.

"I think I should go." I pulled back to look at his patches on his vest. And you know what I saw? He had another patch beside the one with his biker name. Thank goodness it wasn't a 1% patch but it was something that scared me. Sargent in Arms was right underneath his name. Didn't that mean he would die for his club? Didn't that mean he would give his life for his members? For his president? I was too shocked to see him studying my face.

"Sargent in arms?" I whispered like a question. I don't think I was conscious he could hear me.

"Yeah, I'm like third in command I guess. I'm also under oath to protect to a higher degree than my brothers. I kind of act as the president's bodyguard in dangerous situations." I mutely nodded as I processed his status within the club.

"You look like you need to go home." I just closed my eyes and nodded. I could feel a headache starting and I could feel myself start to sway on my feet. Drew could feel it too because the next second I was swept up in his huge arms once again. I didn't even fight it, he was super comfortable. Like an attractive teddy bear. "Can I give you ride?"

"Sure. I guess there's no harm in that. You would've killed me by now, right?" I kind of chuckled at my slurred words. Even if he did decide to murder me, at least the last thing I would see was his perfect face. I frowned at my morbid thoughts and immediately deduced I needed 10 hours of sleep.

His chest shook with a laugh as he started towards the door that led to the opposite way we entered through, it was the same room I saw him leave earlier. As soon as he opened the door, the outside air rushed us and felt cool against my face. I instinctively curled in tighter to his chest to shield myself.

"Stay awake long enough to stay on the bike, ok?" I immediately perked up at that.

"You're going to let me on your bike???" I asked incredulously. I also became more aware of the fact that he still had me in his arms. Like, I wasn't supporting my own weight at all. "Put me down! You'll pull something!"

You know what he did? You know what this frustratingly attractive bear of a man said to me? He held me tighter and got real close to my face. Our noses were touching.

"Sunshine, I am more than capable of carrying you home myself but I would like fast transportation home when I can't stay with you. So, hush and get used to it." His eyes looked like they were on fire. I just saw fierceness. He was saying he would carry me home and that it was easy. Well damn. "Do you understand?"

At this point, I lost my ability to talk so I just mutely nodded my head. He smiled all smug like and sauntered up to a red Harley Davidson. I can't tell you more than that, but it looked like a bad ass bike. He finally set me on my feet only to grab a helmet from nowhere and place it on my head. He even clipped the chin strap for me. Still had that smug smirk on his face. He went to swing his leg over the bike when he stopped and turned to look at me expectantly. "So, where does the damsel live?"

I finally got my mind back and rolled my eyes. "3264 South Charleston." I crossed my arms over my chest to see his reaction.

"That shithole? I lived there for a year before Prez pulled me into the club." He shook his head and finally started the bike. He explained to avoid the exhaust pipe and where I could place my feet before he took off towards the traffic lights with my arms wrapped securely around him. Biggest dork grin on my face.