Chapter 2: Nice to meet you too

"Welcome!"

"What an entrance." Amy laughed from behind me. "Mark, this is Y/n." She pointed to the man with short black hair then to me.

I raised my free hand to wave before walking forward, Amy close behind.

"Y/n, this is Ethan." Her hand pointed to my left, from behind a kitchen counter stood a laughing young man with blue hair. The pimples on his face contrasted strongly with his hair, how old is he?

I waved to him with a smile, his cute little face smiling right back at me.

"And the other two aren't here right now." Amy smiled at me while hauling in my huge bag. "I'll introduce you to them once their back."

"Awesome." I smiled back concealing my teeth under my lips.

"Do you need help with your bags?" Ethan asked.

"Nope, just tell me where to put them." I replied quickly before Amy spoke.

"Just follow me." She walked forward toward a hallway. I waved at the two boys as I continued down the hallway myself.

I knew Amy had roommates and by the names I hear a few were going to be men but I didn't realize how pretty they were going to be. I mean it makes sense, Amy is a pretty woman and she would probably attract pretty people around her just because she's pretty. Pretty people attract pretty people? Yes, I think that's what I'm saying.

"You can set up camp here." Amy lightly placed my bag on the ground of the white carpeted bedroom. Looking around it was obvious this bedroom wasn't just set up for me, Amy lived in here. I recognized colors and shoes and blankets that tied the room together. Color, shoes, and blankets, that I'd seen back in the day when we lived near each other, some I had given her.

"So I can bring in an air mattress for the floor or you can sleep in my bed with me." She smiled her toothy smile.

"Air mattresses are uncomfortable. Besides, I'm not letting you hog the bed all to yourself." I laughed.

Amy was essentially my sister. In the past people thought one of us was adopted into the other's family. Which is essentially how it was. I feel like we still are that close. Even through the three years that we didn't get to see each other we talked over the phone as often as possible. I'm so excited to spend all my time with her. At least as much time as I can.

"So what do you wanna do first? Like you can get your stuff set up, and then we can go somewhere and do something?" Amy laughed trying to think of fun things to do while I'm here.

"Yeah I'll set my stuff up." I threw my backpack off of my back and onto the bed. Then I dragged my other bag to the corner of the room, in hope to keep me from tripping over it later.

"I should show you where everything is actually." Amy smiled widely at me.

"Good idea." I smiled back.

Quickly I abandoned my things to find where rooms were. Rooms like the bathroom that were necessary to know where they were. And rooms like Kathryn's, which I was destined to forget immediately and end up asking about in the future. To my surprise there were more rooms then the outside of the house lead on there to be. If I wasn't as good of friends with Amy I might've had my own little room. But that's boring. Taking our time through every place walked by we ended up at the back of the house. I almost forgot the second best part of coming to California.

"That's the backyard." Amy started opening the sliding glass door.

"And the pool." I smiled as wide as I could before running to see what it looked like. It may sound reduculous to be this excited about something as simple as a pool, but I was. I was excited about the shape and the color and the mass amount of water inside it. When I hear Amy's house had a pool coming to California was bumped up on my list of 'need to go soon'. The thought of swimming in a pool with my best friend was so exciting. Honestly I can hardly remember the last time I swam with Amy, probably early teens. Yes, I think the last time was around my freshman year of highschool and Amy's junior year. It's funny that we're two years apart yet made a friendship in school. It's actually a funny story-

"Exciting?" Amy laughed.

"Very." I giggled to myself just looking at the pool. The heat of the day just made jumping into the pool in front of me more appealing. I didn't much care what clothes I was wearing, swimming was fun. "Wanna go swimming?" I asked Amy.

"I was actually thinking we'd have lunch or some kind of food before we did much else." She smiled at me sweetly. "That is if you're hungry."

For a moment I went back and fourth on jumping in or eating the food I needed.

"The pool will be here later." I smiled once again and started with Amy back to the house.

"Yes it will." Amy laughed holding the glass door open for me.

"I'm so happy I'm here." I walked in.

"I'm so happy you're here too."

_______

Turns out I can't stop writing about smiles. Not sure if that is a bad thing, but it does definitely not help me with my lack of new words. That sentence was fucked.

Hope you enjoyed that, we are only starting, and soon you will understand why Mark was screaming a name at a wall. Exciting.

I hope you are having a good day, I will probably be mostly absent tomorrow, I am going to Venice Beach, I've been before but I don't plan on bringing my phone (cause I'd probably loose it).

I hope you have a wonderful evening, day, night, morning, afternoon, or any part of the day you may be in. That'd be nice.

BUH BYE! Lol (Lots of love)

-Me