From the Forest...

"How did you come here?"

"Well, I was going to the stream when a beast chased me. I escaped somehow and got lost." Lin Chen replied, "Could you show me the way back?"

"Shi Yan, who is he? Is he your friend?" one of the boys in the group asked looking at Lin Chen curiously.

"Wait let me introduce you. Brother Han this is Lin Chen. Brother Chen this is Han Li." Shi Yan introduced.

"It is nice to meet you." Lin Chen greeted. Looking at Han Li and the others in the group, however, he felt that the group had a sense of disdain for him. Looks like they recognized him. Never mind he will pretend to not know for now.

"It is nice to meet you too." Han Li and the others greeted. They had a condescending look on there faces. Lin Chen ignored it to seem polite.

"Brother Yan, can you take me with your group? I need to go back soon."

"Sure, I would love to but let me ask the others first."

"Sure we can take him along if he doesn't become a burden. Mind you we are going a bit to the inner area."

"No problem then."

The group easily accepted Lin Chen among them. However. Lin Chen could see that it was only on the surface. Han Li looked like he was the leader of the group. Soon they left the area and moved a bit further into the forest.

After travelling a bit the came across a Spotted Thunder Bull which was a level 1 beast grazing alone.  Looking at each other, they scouted the area. Lin Chen was told to hide behind some bushes. Lin Chen looked with envy and admiration at the group as they fought. He too wanted to be as strong as them.

Soon the Spotted Thunder Bull issued a loud roar and took its last breath.  The group cheered and took their time to take the valuable parts. Lin Chen came out of hiding and looked at them as they worked.

"Brother Chen, did you see? Brother Han is so strong."

"Yeah, I saw. You did pretty well too."

"Heehee Brother Chen it was nothing."

Soon the group distributed the goods among themselves and left the area in search of more demonic beasts. They killed many beasts along the way and Lin Chen was seriously starting to realize the true strength of the group, which was pretty impressing to someone like him.

"Brothers let us head back for today. We got plenty of things today." After hearing Han Li say such words, the group cheered and with tired faces, they decided to go back. However, they hardly realised the danger that as stalking their footsteps.

..............................................................................................................................

A/N: Author here!!! Thank you, everyone, for your votes, comments and your overall support. Anyway classes started again and with exams every week I hardly have any time for other stuff. But I will try to update as much as possible. Once again THANK YOU!!!