41: POINTLESS

"That, was one of a deep sigh there." Chae Young said.

Jae Kyung just smiled at her as they continued scanning the dirty kitchen.

The restaurant's almost done. The equipment is complete; from the oven, kitchen utensils, stove, temperature-regulated storage room, until on the outside. The bar is already functional; she could already imagine costumers walking in, waiters rolling, and plates clattering.

The only left to do was to gather staff, hire employees, food tasting and they're good to go. Hopefully, by next week, they will open and get the road starting.

"Are you excited?" Chae Young asked when they went out of the kitchen.

She smiled shortly at her. "Of course."

Amusement crossed her eyes. "Excited at that?" She gestured on her face. "Not obvious. That's not the face of an excited person."

She smiled curtly. She's not the type who kisses and tells, and definitely not her problems. She's more of hiding her feelings. But she wished she could talk to someone and tell how heavy her heart is sinking.

It's hard when you're alone. Alone at what you're feeling, what you're thinking, on your fear, on your battle — that supposed to be faced with someone.

But however messed up her life seems, she just can't give up. Not in this lifetime.

"I'm sorry. I just don't feel well today. I haven't slept properly." She said and sat down on one of the couches. Her feelings were in rumbling mess since they left the resort.

"Why? Is Jeonghan always keeping you awake?" She laughed. "Oh my gee! Shut up, brain."

She slightly laughed at her despite the pain she's feeling. If only that's the case. But Jeonghan hadn't touched her since that night — the night he knew. And it has been two days since they left the resort.

Since then, Jeonghan never talked to her properly. He couldn't even look at her in the eye.

It was sad that they left without saying goodbye to his siblings. They may be shocked to know they just left since Irene immediately called that night they left. She told her that Jeonghan has an emergency at the office and he needs to attend to it that's why they left.

Wonwoo and Leanne were the only people who probably knew why they left.

"Oh, shoot!" Chae Young suddenly sat straight when she saw her watch. "Anyway, I'll go ahead. I still have to meet a client this afternoon."

She watched her do her make up. "Sure. Be here during the opening night, hmm."

"Of course, I'll come. Since its free." She joked and returned her powder at lipstick inside her pouch. "What about you? Will you still stay here? Is Jeonghan on the way?"

She looked at her phone and checked the last message she sent to Jeonghan. She told him she'd be here. But it's past twelve and he hasn't replied or called.

She sighed and tried to be optimistic about it. "Maybe he's just busy."

Well, what did she expect? Jeonghan won't be coming there to get her and eat lunch. He won't leave his office just to see her. Jeonghan wouldn't do that anymore.

It's very obvious. Jeonghan was still stone walling her. Just like the day before, since they went home, he's still giving her the cold shoulder, silent treatment, and empty stares.

Her nerves felt like on ends point every time he's in the same room with her. And maybe that's the reason why he goes home late because he could feel it too.