Worrying

Rei is still awake, worrying about Nagisa.  He lies on his bed on his back, thinking about the blond-haired boy.  He jumps when his phone goes off.  Checking the time, he notices that it's 1:57 AM.  After grabbing his glasses, he takes his phone and checks it.

From: Nagisa-kun

Subject: I need to tell you something

'Could it be about this afternoon..?'  Rei thinks.

He continues to read.

Rei-chan, I should've told you this before, but I love you.  I understand if you don't feel the same

way, but I couldn't hold it in anymore.  Everything about you is perfect.

  Nagisa

Sent at 1:57 AM

Rei scans over the text again.  'What..?'  Nagisa deserves to know how he feels about this, so he hits the reply button and begins to type.

When he finishes, it's about 2:01 am.  He reads the text again to make sure he covered everything.

To: Nagisa-kun

Subject: Re: I need to tell you something

Nagisa-kun, I have been worrying about you.  I want you to know that I am always here for you.  You mean so much to me.  I’m not sure if it is love or friendship, but I care so much.  Don’t ever forget that.  I will always be here to listen to you or to just be there for you.  You’re so important to me.  I’m not upset about this afternoon or anything.  I’m just curious about it.  I don’t want to push you, but if you don’t mind, could you explain it a bit more?

  Rei

Sent at 2:03 AM

Rei sighs.  'I hope this will be enough,' he says to himself.

Carefully putting his phone back down, he lies down again, closing his eyes.  He remembers the things Nagisa put in the text. "I love you" was imbedded into his brain.  "Everything about you is perfect" still flashes when he opens his eyes as if an entryway to seeing out.

Rei can't help but smile as he thinks about Nagisa.  Slowly, he drifts to sleep, not noticing his phone go off.